Character Education Interview Assignment Instructions
You will select either a teacher or a parent to interview about his/her school experiences regarding character education. Note: you may not interview yourself. You must explain the requirements of your assignment and ask permission to take notes as you will then record the participant’s answers. Any direct quote that you include must have quotation marks around the words and be cited correctly as a personal interview response. You are responsible for locating this person. The School of Education Field Office will not assist you in locating a parent or teacher. In addition, school districts are not responsible for assisting you in locating a parent or teach to complete this assignment.
List each question and then give the response underneath the question in a double-spaced typed format. Responses must be rich and detailed. It is appropriate to use first-person language throughout all 4 parts of this assignment.
Part 1: Demographics
1) First and Last Name of person you are interviewing:
2) The person’s role:
3) Age level of children/students:
4) Date of the Interview: MM/DD/YYYY
Part 2: Questionnaire Interview for Parent of a Child(ren)
1) As a parent, what goals do you have for your child?
2) Do you, or have you, given any thought to the moral development of your child?
3) What values do you try to teach?
4) What family traditions do you try to maintain, and what is the importance of these traditions to you?
5) When do you have discussions about values?
6) What are your concerns or worries about your child’s moral development?
7) How do you feel about our society, media, and moral development?
8) How do you feel about character education programs in schools?
9) What words of advice would you give teachers for teaching character education or integrating character in the classroom/curriculum?
Part 2: Questionnaire Interview for Teacher
1) Tell me about character education in your classroom/school/district.
2) In your opinion, is character education a new initiative of schools?
3) Do you believe character education should be left up to the family or church?
4) What has been the reaction of parents and community members to character education programs?
5) Please tell me a little bit about any resistance you have found to character education.
6) Which types of programs or activities do you believe are most successful in promoting a sustained character education program?
7) Which type of activities or programs do you feel are least successful?
8) Are there any noticeable changes in student behavior or morale since you have started integrating character education?
9) What words of wisdom, advice, or caution do you have regarding character education or integrating character into your classroom/curriculum?
Part 3: Integrating Character Education in your Classroom: Summary of Research-Based Strategies
On the basis of the information collected in the interview and the information you have obtained from your research and readings, write 2–3 solid paragraphs describing how you can integrate character and cultivate social, emotional, and moral development in your students. List key character qualities that you will seek to integrate within the classroom. Include citations from at least 1 scholarly journal article and at least 1 of your course textbooks. Cite information from your personal interview of either the teacher or the parent. Include instructional methods, teaching strategies, effective lessons, and various aspects of your classroom environment that will contribute to cultivating good character into your students.
Section three should be at least 500 words. Use your textbook and at least 1 scholarly journal article outside of your textbook to answer Part 3 and cite your references on a separate reference page using current APA format.
Part 4: Conclusion – Reflection and Discussion
Give a well-constructed conclusion in which you clearly reflect on this assignment and present a summary that conveys the significance of the knowledge gained from this interview, as well as your summary. This reflection must clearly tie your interview and summary of instructional strategies together in a clear, concise conclusion. Your conclusion must be at least 500 words.
This assignment must follow current APA guidelines and will include a title page and reference page. However, it is appropriate to use first-person language throughout all 4 parts of this assignment.
Submit this assignment by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Sunday of Module/Week 4.
A Special Note Regarding Citations in APA for this Assignment:
A personal interview is considered personal communication. In your APA Manual (6th ed.) you will see 6.20 Personal Communication. (p. 179). You will need to cite information regarding your interview in this way:
J. Doe (personal communication, June 19, 2017) or (J. Doe, personal communication, June 19, 2017) depending on how you construct your sentences. Note: you will be using these citations continually as you write your responses for Part 2, and you may need to use these citations if you refer to the interview during Parts 3 or 4 of your paper.
For example, if you are interviewing Jane Doe regarding the character education programs used in her classroom/school/district, and Jane Doe stated, “I use Character Counts in my classroom. I find that my students really enjoy discussing character traits in their literature stories.”
In section 2 you could write,
J. Doe (personal communication, June 19, 2017) stated, “I use Character Counts in my classroom. I find that my student really enjoys discussing character traits in the literature stories.”
“I use Character Counts in my classroom. I find that my students really enjoy discussing character traits in the literature stories” (J. Doe, personal communication, June 19, 2017).
In section 3 you could write in the text of your paper,
Some educators have found that when they use reading stories with character themes, that students enjoy identifying and discussing the character qualities of the characters (J. Doe, personal communication, June 19, 2017).
· In Section 2 you will be citing information for each question using the format for personal communication listed above.
· In Sections 3–4 you may cite information from your interview just a few or many times. It depends on how much you wish to use that information in Sections 3–4.
· In Section 3, cite information from at least 1 of your textbooks, 1 scholarly journal article (not a website), and your interview.
In Section 4, it is up to you if you want to use citations
Why Choose Us
We value our clients. For this reason, we ensure that each paper is written carefully as per the instructions provided by the client. Our editing team also checks all the papers to ensure that they have been completed as per the expectations.
Professional Academic Writers
Over the years, our Acme Homework has managed to secure the most qualified, reliable and experienced team of writers. The company has also ensured continued training and development of the team members to ensure that it keep up with the rising Academic Trends.
Our prices are fairly priced in such a way that ensures affordability. Additionally, you can get a free price quotation by clicking on the "Place Order" button.
We pay strict attention on deadlines. For this reason, we ensure that all papers are submitted earlier, even before the deadline indicated by the customer. For this reason, the client can go through the work and review everything.
At MyEssay.help, all papers are plagiarism-free as they are written from scratch. We have taken strict measures to ensure that there is no similarity on all papers and that citations are included as per the standards set.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support team is readily available to provide any guidance/help on our platform at any time of the day/night. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
MyEssay.help has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At MyEssay.help, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.