Assessment 3 Information
Subject Code: CLWM4100
Subject Name: Taxation Law
Assessment Title: Assessment 3
Assessment Type: Individual Assignment and Video presentation
Weighting: 20 %
Total Marks: 20
Submission: Via Turnitin-written report; Via Moodle-video presentation
Due Date: Monday of Week 10 at 19:55 AEST
Your Task https://austessay.com/clwm4100-
• You are required to answer the questions, in a maximum of 1,000 words approximately.
• This assignment must be presented as an individual effort. The assignment requires individual research using a range of tax resources. It is expected that you will survey the relevant literature, including decided cases, and select appropriate additional resources.
• You are expected to identify the facts and issues presented by each question, identify and apply the relevant legislation and/or case law, and reach a conclusion.
• This assessment assesses your research skills, your ability to synthesise an original piece of work to specific content requirements. It also assesses your written communication skills.
• Your reasons for your conclusions and recommendations must be based on your research into the relevant cases and legislation.
• You are also required to prepare a short video presentation (3 to 5 mins) summarising the key issues you have addressed in your answers.
• Please check the marking sheet (included below) for each part to ensure that you have followed all the guidelines for presenting your work.
• Please make sure you follow the guidelines especially those relating to presentation, late policy and academic integrity.
Written Report (15 marks)
Yvonne Merrick, the holder of a British passport and a relevant working visa, arrived in Australia from the UK in January 2015 and started work as an administrator in a Brisbane hospital. On 10 July 2017 she travelled back to the UK for personal reasons and worked in odd jobs until 1 April 2018 when she returned to Brisbane and resumed her position at the hospital. While in the UK she continued to maintain the apartment she had bought in Brisbane and her Australian bank account. She was on “leave without pay” from her job at the hospital.
During the 2017/18 year Yvonne was paid AUD$25,000 (gross) for her work in the UK and $15,000 for her work as an administrator in Australia. UK tax of AUD$4,500 was deducted from her salary. She was paid a bonus of $12,000 on 15 February 2018 for her work done during 2017. She also received $2,000 interest on the savings in her Australian bank account and a fully franked dividend of $700 from her share investments in the Australian company HAL Corporation Ltd.
On 1 July 2018 Yvonne left Australia indefinitely to take up a full-time position as a senior administrator in a UK hospital. In the 2018/19 income year, she was paid a salary of $70,000 for her work in the UK hospital. Tax amounting to $7,000 was deducted from her UK salary. For the 2018/19 year Yvonne received interest of $2,400 on her Australian bank account and a fully franked dividend of $900 on her shares from HAL Corporation Ltd.
Upon leaving Australia, Yvonne sold all of her furniture and leased the apartment she owns for $600 per week. For the 2018/19 year she received $26,000 rental income.
Part 1) Calculate her Australian assessable income for the 2017/18 and 2018/19 tax years. You must give reasons for the inclusion or exclusion of all receipts in her assessable income. Refer to relevant legislation and case(s) to determine her residency.
Part 2) Advise Yvonne regarding foreign tax paid in the UK for the 2017/18 tax year only. Calculate the tax offset amount.
• The assignment (both the word document and the video file) will need to be submitted electronically through the student portal – use the link under “Assessments”.
• Any sources that you use need to be acknowledged in order to avoid plagiarism. Information on referencing can be found in the Guidelines for Referencing and Presentation at the Kaplan website using the following address: (https://elearning.kbs.edu.au/mod/page/view.php?id=128881).
In-Text Referencing and the Reference List
• Sources of information must be cited both in the body of the text (in-text referencing) and the end of the assignment (reference list). Failure to do so will result in penalties. Remember that when referencing an Annual Report, it is a corporate document that does not have a particular author but it will still require referencing any time you use information from it. Any other documents or books or other references you use will also require referencing.
• Any work which has been copied or shared between students will result in a Fail grade for all students concerned. Therefore, please make sure that the answer to this assignment is your work and not copied or bought from any source. In completing this assignment make sure you follow the guidelines for assignments especially those relating to the presentation of written work, late assignment policy and academic integrity.
Penalties Regarding Referencing:
• No in-text referencing – deduct 1 marks
• Some in-text referencing only – deduct 1 mark
• No reference list – deduct 2 marks
• Incomplete reference list – deduct 1 mark
Policy on Late Submissions:
• Penalties will be imposed on late assignment submissions in accordance with following:
• Number of days late Penalty 1* – 9 days 5% per day for each calendar day late deducted from the total marks available.
• 10 – 14 days 50% deducted from the total marks available.
• After 14 days Assignments that are submitted more than 14 calendar days after the due date will not be accepted and the students will receive a mark of zero for their assignment.
• Note Notwithstanding the above penalty rules, assignments will also be given a mark of zero if they are submitted after assignments have been returned to students.
• *Assignments submitted at any stage within the first 24 hours after the deadline will be considered to be one day late and therefore subject to the associated penalty.
Important Study Information
Academic Integrity Policy
KBS values academic integrity. All students must understand the meaning and consequences of cheating, plagiarism and other academic offences under the Academic Integrity and Conduct Policy.
What is academic integrity and misconduct?
What are the penalties for academic misconduct?
What are the late penalties?
How can I appeal my grade?
Click here for answers to these questions:
Word Limits for Written Assessments
Submissions that exceed the word limit by more than 10% will cease to be marked from the point at which that limit is exceeded.
Students may seek study assistance from their local Academic Learning Advisor or refer to the resources on the MyKBS Academic Success Centre page. Click here for this information.
Assignment marking rubric
Research – 25%
Ability to locate and effectively use relevant resources Poor (0-1) Adequate
Application of law to facts 50%
Ability to identify relevant facts Ability to relate appropriate law to the facts
Ability to draw correct or defensible conclusions as to the application of the law to the facts
Evidence of effective communication and presentation skills:25%
The assignment is constructed in a logical manner showing development of arguments
The assignment is concise and easy to understand
Presentation concisely summarises the report
Why Choose Us
We value our clients. For this reason, we ensure that each paper is written carefully as per the instructions provided by the client. Our editing team also checks all the papers to ensure that they have been completed as per the expectations.
Professional Academic Writers
Over the years, MyEssay.Help has managed to secure the most qualified, reliable and experienced team of writers. The company has also ensured continued training and development of the team members to ensure that it keep up with the rising Academic Trends.
Our prices are fairly priced in such a way that ensures affordability. Additionally, you can get a free price quotation by clicking on the "Place Order" button.
We pay strict attention on deadlines. For this reason, we ensure that all papers are submitted earlier, even before the deadline indicated by the customer. For this reason, the client can go through the work and review everything.
At MyEssay.help, all papers are plagiarism-free as they are written from scratch. We have taken strict measures to ensure that there is no similarity on all papers and that citations are included as per the standards set.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support team is readily available to provide any guidance/help on our platform at any time of the day/night. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: email@example.com.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
MyEssay.help has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At MyEssay.help, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.