On your computer, create and save your answers to ALL THREE parts (American Art, Stroyer Reading, Seal of the Confederacy, shown below) of Assignment 3 together in ONE Word document (.doc) or Rich Text Format (.rtf), not in a compressed (zipped) folder. Use a size 12 font and do not use bold type. Follow the sample assignment layout found in Syllabus Page 2: write the question first, skip a line, and then give your answer.
When you are ready to submit a group of unit assignments, follow these steps:
Save your document with a filename using your last name, first name initial, and assignment number without using underscore ( _ ), e.g. “Jones, E asn 3.” Click on the green Unit 3 Assignment link. Then, attach your file using the Browse My Computer button. Don’t type anything in the “Submission” or “Comments” boxes. Click “Submit” to turn in your assignment.
Your graded assignment will appear as a numerical score in the Grade Center. Click on your grade to access your graded document; open it to read my comments.
Unit 3, Assignment #1 of 3: American Art
1. Use the painting Dismissal of School on an October Afternoon found by clicking the Inman (artist’s name) link above to detect and comment on mid-century realities of social class, gender, and race.
2. Study the painting by Andrew Melrose, Westward the Star of Empire Takes Its Way, by clicking the Star of Empire link above. In what ways can the picture be viewed as a positive commentary on urban and technological growth? How can it be viewed as a negative commentary? What is the implication of your answers?
3. List four adjectives that you think best describe the painting Twilight in the Wilderness by Edwin Church (click the Twilight in the Wilderness link above to view the painting). Why was nature a theme of great interest to romanticist artists (keep question 2 in mind)?
Unit 3, Assignment #2 of 3: Stroyer Reading
Read the selections from Jacob Stroyer‘s My Life in the South (first edition came out in 1879) by clicking on the Stroyer link above, and answer the questions that follow.
1. What did Stroyer not know about his family tree? How do you think that made him feel?
2. Develop (not merely list) three interpretations for why James Hay did only half his task.
3. What commentaries can you read between the lines of the story of Mr. Usom and Jack?
4. How did Stroyer‘s parents advise him to deal with the whippings he received, and why did they give that advice? How do you think Stroyer felt about that advice?
5. Identify the passage in which the slaves figuratively wear a “mask” to hide their true thoughts. What was the purpose of this strategy?
Unit 3, Assignment #3 of 3: Seal of the Confederacy
Click the SealConfederacy link above to view the Seal of the Confederacy. Do a bit of research, combined with your own thinking, to answer the questions below.
1. The man on the horse in the center of the seal is George Washington. Why did the Confederate States of America use the first president of the United States of America as the centerpiece of their country’s seal?
2. Name the six crops that ring the inside of the seal. Why put those crops there?
3. Determine the significance of the date on the seal.
4. Why did they choose to call the country the Confederate States of America? (Hint: think in terms of the U.S. history you have learned to this point, not how a dictionary defines the word)
5. What does the Latin phrase on the seal mean? What message were they trying to convey with that phrase?
Why Choose Us
We value our clients. For this reason, we ensure that each paper is written carefully as per the instructions provided by the client. Our editing team also checks all the papers to ensure that they have been completed as per the expectations.
Professional Academic Writers
Over the years, MyEssay.Help has managed to secure the most qualified, reliable and experienced team of writers. The company has also ensured continued training and development of the team members to ensure that it keep up with the rising Academic Trends.
Our prices are fairly priced in such a way that ensures affordability. Additionally, you can get a free price quotation by clicking on the "Place Order" button.
We pay strict attention on deadlines. For this reason, we ensure that all papers are submitted earlier, even before the deadline indicated by the customer. For this reason, the client can go through the work and review everything.
At MyEssay.help, all papers are plagiarism-free as they are written from scratch. We have taken strict measures to ensure that there is no similarity on all papers and that citations are included as per the standards set.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support team is readily available to provide any guidance/help on our platform at any time of the day/night. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
MyEssay.help has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At MyEssay.help, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.