1. The standard form for the computer solution of a linear programming problem requires all variables to the right and all numerical values to the left of the inequality or equality sign
2. _________ is maximized in the objective function by subtracting cost from revenue.
3. A croissant shop produces 2 products: bear claws (B) and almond filled croissants (C). Each bear claw requires 6 ounces of flour, 1 ounce of yeast, and 2 TS of almond paste. An almond filled croissant requires 3 ounces of flour, 1 ounce of yeast, and 4 TS of almond paste. The company has 6600 ounces of flour, 1400 ounces of yeast, and 4800 TS of almond paste available for today’s production run. Bear claw profits are 20 cents each, and almond filled croissant profits are 30 cents each. What is the optimal daily profit?
4. In an unbalanced transportation model, supply does not equal demand and supply constraints have signs. True/ False
5. The production manager for Liquor etc. produces 2 kinds of beer: light and dark. Two of his resources are constrained: malt, of which he can get at most 4800 oz per week; and wheat, of which he can get at most 3200 oz per week. Each bottle of light beer requires 12 oz of malt and 4 oz of wheat, while a bottle of dark beer uses 8 oz of malt and 8 oz of wheat. Profits for light beer are $2 per bottle, and profits for dark beer are $1 per bottle. What is the objective function?
Z = $1L + $2D
Z = $4L + $8D
Z = $12L + $8D
Z = $2L + $1D
Z = $2L + $4D
6. In a media selection problem, the estimated number of customers reached by a given media would generally be specified in the _________________. Even if these media exposure estimates are correct, using media exposure as a surrogate does not lead to maximization of___.
problem constraints, sales
problem constraints, profits
objective function, profits
problem output, marginal revenue
problem statement, revenue
7. The owner of Chips etc. produces 2 kinds of chips: Lime (L) and Vinegar (V). He has a limited amount of the 3 ingredients used to produce these chips available for his next production run: 4800 ounces of salt, 9600 ounces of flour, and 2000 ounces of herbs. A bag of Lime chips requires 2 ounces of salt, 6 ounces of flour, and 1 ounce of herbs to produce; while a bag of Vinegar chips requires 3 ounces of salt, 8 ounces of flour, and 2 ounces of herbs. Profits for a bag of Lime chips are $0.40, and for a bag of Vinegar chips $0.50. Which of the following is not a feasible production combination?
0L and 0V
0L and 1000V
1000L and 0V
0L and 1200V
8. When formulating a linear programming model on a spreadsheet, the measure of performance is located in the target cell. True/ False
9. In a balanced transportation model, supply equals demand such that all constraints can be treated as equalities. True/ False
10. In a media selection problem, instead of having an objective of maximizing profit or minimizing cost, generally the objective is to maximize the audience exposure. True/ False
11. ____________ solutions are ones that satisfy all the constraints simultaneously.
12. The production manager for the Softy soft drink company is considering the production of 2 kinds of soft drinks: regular and diet. Two of her resources are constraint production time (8 hours = 480 minutes per day) and syrup (1 of her ingredient) limited to 675 gallons per day. To produce a regular case requires 2 minutes and 5 gallons of syrup, while a diet case needs 4 minutes and 3 gallons of syrup. Profits for regular soft drink are $3.00 per case and profits for diet soft drink are $2.00 per case. What is the optimal daily profit?
13. Determining the production quantities of different products manufactured by a company based on resource constraints is a product mix linear programming problem. True/ False
14. When using linear programming model to solve the “diet” problem, the objective is generally to maximize profit. True/ False
15. Profit is maximized in the objective function by
subtracting cost from revenue
subtracting revenue from cost
adding revenue to cost
multiplying revenue by cost
16. Linear programming model of a media selection problem is used to determine the relative value of each advertising media. True/ False
17. Media selection is an important decision that advertisers have to make. In most media selection decisions, the objective of the decision maker is to minimize cost. True/ False
18. The dietician for the local hospital is trying to control the calorie intake of the heart surgery patients. Tonight’s dinner menu could consist of the following food items: chicken, lasagna, pudding, salad, mashed potatoes and jello. The calories per serving for each of these items are as follows: chicken (600), lasagna (700), pudding (300), salad (200), mashed potatoes with gravy (400) and jello (200). If the maximum calorie intake has to be limited to 1200 calories. What is the dinner menu that would result in the highest calorie in take without going over the total calorie limit of 1200.
chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, jello and salad
lasagna, mashed potatoes and gravy, and jello
chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, and pudding
lasagna, mashed potatoes and gravy, and salad
chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, and salad
19. In a multi-period scheduling problem the production constraint usually takes the form of :
beginning inventory + demand – production = ending inventory
beginning inventory – demand + production = ending inventory
beginning inventory – ending inventory + demand = production
beginning inventory – production – ending inventory = demand
beginning inventory + demand + production = ending inventory
20. A constraint for a linear programming problem can never have a zero as its right-hand-side value. True/ False
Why Choose Us
We value our clients. For this reason, we ensure that each paper is written carefully as per the instructions provided by the client. Our editing team also checks all the papers to ensure that they have been completed as per the expectations.
Professional Academic Writers
Over the years, MyEssay.Help has managed to secure the most qualified, reliable and experienced team of writers. The company has also ensured continued training and development of the team members to ensure that it keep up with the rising Academic Trends.
Our prices are fairly priced in such a way that ensures affordability. Additionally, you can get a free price quotation by clicking on the "Place Order" button.
We pay strict attention on deadlines. For this reason, we ensure that all papers are submitted earlier, even before the deadline indicated by the customer. For this reason, the client can go through the work and review everything.
At MyEssay.help, all papers are plagiarism-free as they are written from scratch. We have taken strict measures to ensure that there is no similarity on all papers and that citations are included as per the standards set.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support team is readily available to provide any guidance/help on our platform at any time of the day/night. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
MyEssay.help has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At MyEssay.help, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.