Cultural Diversity Assignment EDUC 2120
Research one cultural group from the list in class. Find out about their family structure, foods, political organization, social preference (how they interact with one another, thoughts about respects, etc.), school environment, traditions, etc. Use the questions below to guide your search(es). Submit a document including this information and how that culture is similar and different from yours to the Dropbox. Be prepared to share in class on Thursday.
The U.S. Government defines the following ethnic groups:
African American & Africans
Asian Americans & Asians
Hispanic & Latino Americans
American Indian & Alaska Native
Other cultural groups include:
Indian (from India)
1. What are the values of the different groups within the community?
2. How do various members of each cultural group define health and illness?
3. What are some of the more common health beliefs and practices of various members of different groups in the community, both in general and with respect to the specific problem?
4. What are the predominant family structures within the community’s different cultural groups? Are they hierarchical, patriarchal, two household, single parent household, female head of household, extended, nuclear, etc.?
5. What are some of the traditional roles of different family members in these different groups, particularly where health care is concerned?
6. Who are the formal and informal leaders of the groups of community and what role do they have in the area of health education/promotion?
7. How many and which languages or dialects are spoken? Is there a common language understood by all? Is there a written language?
8. What are the formal and informal channels of communication within and between different groups?
1. What are the traditional foods and what role do these different foods play in health, religion and school activities?
2. How has the diet here in the U.S. changed over time as compared to that of the country of origin?
3. Is there access to those foods that constitute the traditional diet? If so, are they affordable and accessible to this particular community? If not, are there acceptable and affordable substitutes?
Religion and Spirituality
1. What are the different religious/spiritual practices within the different cultural groups in this community? Are they segregated from others of the same faith? Do any practice their religion in secret?
2. How is their practice of a specific religion influenced by their culture? Is it practiced differently from that of a different culture within the same faith?
3. What is the size of membership and who are they?
4. Who are the religious leaders and what is their role in the larger community?
5. Are there conflicts within or among the various religious groups?
6. What involvement do various religious groups have in the area of health education/promotion?
7. Do any of the religious beliefs or practices conflict with the philosophy of health promotion? Can these beliefs and practices somehow be incorporated into your program?
8. Be sure to add your own questions that are specific to the problem being addressed. The answers to these questions will not only give you more insight into the culture, they may help discover ways to make contact within your community.
Why Choose Us
We value our clients. For this reason, we ensure that each paper is written carefully as per the instructions provided by the client. Our editing team also checks all the papers to ensure that they have been completed as per the expectations.
Professional Academic Writers
Over the years, MyEssay.Help has managed to secure the most qualified, reliable and experienced team of writers. The company has also ensured continued training and development of the team members to ensure that it keep up with the rising Academic Trends.
Our prices are fairly priced in such a way that ensures affordability. Additionally, you can get a free price quotation by clicking on the "Place Order" button.
We pay strict attention on deadlines. For this reason, we ensure that all papers are submitted earlier, even before the deadline indicated by the customer. For this reason, the client can go through the work and review everything.
At MyEssay.help, all papers are plagiarism-free as they are written from scratch. We have taken strict measures to ensure that there is no similarity on all papers and that citations are included as per the standards set.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support team is readily available to provide any guidance/help on our platform at any time of the day/night. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: email@example.com.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
MyEssay.help has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At MyEssay.help, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.