You are expected to take your paper to the writing center or have someone with exceptional writing skills review it and then you are expected to make those corrections before turning the final draft (unless you feel very comfortable reviewing it yourself and have received perfect scores on essay 1 and 2). The final is by DECEMBER 7 at the end of the day. REMEMBER THIS EXAM IS WORTH A VERY LARGE PROPORTION OF YOUR TOTAL GRADE IN THE CLASS. YOUR RESPONSE MUST REFLECT THAT. The dropbox to submit your response will close after the due date and no responses will be accepted so be sure to submit during those times.
Choose a maximum of 7 questions and a minimum of 3 ( you can choose 3, 4, 5, 6, or 7 questions to complete your response) to write a minimum of 8 pages (double space, 12pt font). As always, use information from the book to answer the questions but you must use critical thinking and your own input as well. Some of the following questions are designed to not be ‘chapter specific’ but instead challenge you to use information from several chapters as well as what you have learned in class, information from the videos, and your critical thinking skills.
1. Do you think the criminal justice system “works” in the United States? Why or why not?
Your answer may be based upon the values that you assign to individual factors such as
deterrence, rehabilitation, crime prevention, and crime education. You may feel that the system
works overall, but nearly everyone can find room for improvement.
2. Do you think the news media is obligated to present a balanced picture of the overall crime
problem and reduce their presentation of sensational crimes? Why or why not? Consider the fact that the media is often the only source of information when it comes to what Americans ‘know what they know’ about crime and the criminal justice system. Expand your answer.
3. Do you think that other institutions such as the family, schools, and organized religion are
better institutions of social control than the criminal justice system? If so, which ones? Why?
Your answer will partially depend upon how efficient you believe the criminal justice
system is. It also depends on your personal beliefs regarding the importance of family and other
social institutions in regulating behavior. You may also cite family, schools, and organized
religion as more important institutions because of their consistent influence on a young person’s
4.Discuss the many ways in which the real image of crime and the criminal justice system is distorted. Why is it important for community members to care about how our criminal justice system works and the realities of crime?
5. What happens when criminals return to their communities? How can we change the system to make the transition back to our society more successful? Do you think the current way of incarcerating people keeps us safe, if so how? If not, why not?
6. What improvements do you think should be made to the criminal justice system?
You can cite ways in which each of the three criminal justice agencies—police, courts,
and corrections—can improve. These can include better training, better community relations, less
procedural errors, and many other suggestions.
7. Do you think more money needs to be spent on criminal justice? Why or why not? Discuss historically the results of dumping more money into the system and also discuss ways in which money can be channeled to implement changes that have proven effective.
8. Discuss some of the most common myths about the criminal justice system (e.g. minorities commit more crime, more officers will reduce crime, the crime rate is going up, criminals are usually dangerous and commit violent crime, etc.)
9. Describe early American prisons and describe the primary differences between the Pennsylvania plan and the Auburn plan.
10. Discuss the role the drug war has played in incarceration rates. The answer to this question can be enough to write a couple of books.
11. Discuss the argument that the parole system exists to return parolees to prison and that it is therefore designed to fail.
12. Discuss different programs or efforts that have proven successful, or at least more successful than our current efforts when achieving criminal justice goals (e.g. project rio, etc.)
Why Choose Us
We value our clients. For this reason, we ensure that each paper is written carefully as per the instructions provided by the client. Our editing team also checks all the papers to ensure that they have been completed as per the expectations.
Professional Academic Writers
Over the years, MyEssay.Help has managed to secure the most qualified, reliable and experienced team of writers. The company has also ensured continued training and development of the team members to ensure that it keep up with the rising Academic Trends.
Our prices are fairly priced in such a way that ensures affordability. Additionally, you can get a free price quotation by clicking on the "Place Order" button.
We pay strict attention on deadlines. For this reason, we ensure that all papers are submitted earlier, even before the deadline indicated by the customer. For this reason, the client can go through the work and review everything.
At MyEssay.help, all papers are plagiarism-free as they are written from scratch. We have taken strict measures to ensure that there is no similarity on all papers and that citations are included as per the standards set.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support team is readily available to provide any guidance/help on our platform at any time of the day/night. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
MyEssay.help has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At MyEssay.help, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.