FIN 326: Intermediate Corporate Finance
• Please show all work, calculation, or explanation to receive full credit and circle the correct answer.
(The following information applies to Problems 1-4)
The Collins Group, a leading producer of custom automobile accessories, has hired you to estimate the firm’s weighted average cost of capital. The balance sheet and some other information are provided below.
Current assets $ 38,000,000
Net plant, property, and equipment 101,000,000
Total assets $139,000,000
Liabilities and Equity
Accounts payable $ 10,000,000
Current liabilities $ 19,000,000
Long-term debt (40,000 bonds, $1,000 par value) 40,000,000
Total liabilities $ 59,000,000
Common stock (10,000,000 shares) 30,000,000
Retained earnings 50,000,000
Total shareholders’ equity 80,000,000
Total liabilities and shareholders’ equity $139,000,000
1. The Collins Group’s bond with $1,000 par value 20-year, 7.25% annual
coupon rate with semiannual coupon payment is selling or $875. What is the best estimate of the after-tax cost of debt if the firm’s tax rate is 40%?
2. The stock’s beta is 1.25, and the yield on a 20-year Treasury bond is 5.50%.
The required return on the stock market is 11.50%. Based on the CAPM,
what is the firm’s cost of common stock?
3. Which of the following is the best estimate for the weight of debt for use in calculating the firm’s WACC? The debt is selling for $875 per bond and the stock is selling or 15.25 per share
4. What is the best estimate of the firm’s WACC?
7. The management of California Fluoride Industries (CFI) is planning next year’s capital budget. The company’s earnings and dividends are growing at a constant rate of 4 percent. The last dividend, D0, was $0.80; and the current equilibrium stock price is $8.73. CFI can raise new debt at a 12 percent before tax cost. CFI is at its optimal capital structure, which is 35 percent debt and 65 percent equity, and the firm’s marginal tax rate is 40 percent. CFI has the following independent, indivisible, and equally risky investment opportunities:
Project Cost Rate of Return
A $ 18,000 9%
B 16,000 11%
C 13,000 15%
D 23,000 13%
What is CFI’s optimal capital budget?
a. $70,000 b. $36,000 c. $34,000 d. $47,000 e. $0
8. Radiator Products Company (RPC) is at its optimal capital structure of 75 percent common equity and 25 percent debt. RPC’s WACC is 12.50 percent. RPC has a marginal tax rate of 40 percent. Next year’s dividend is expected to be $2.50 per share, and RPC has a constant growth in earnings and dividends of 5 percent. The cost of common equity used in the WACC is based on retained earnings, while the before tax cost of debt is 10 percent. What is RPC’s current equilibrium stock price?
a. $12.73 b. $17.23 c. $25.83 d. $20.37 e. $23.70
Why Choose Us
We value our clients. For this reason, we ensure that each paper is written carefully as per the instructions provided by the client. Our editing team also checks all the papers to ensure that they have been completed as per the expectations.
Professional Academic Writers
Over the years, MyEssay.Help has managed to secure the most qualified, reliable and experienced team of writers. The company has also ensured continued training and development of the team members to ensure that it keep up with the rising Academic Trends.
Our prices are fairly priced in such a way that ensures affordability. Additionally, you can get a free price quotation by clicking on the "Place Order" button.
We pay strict attention on deadlines. For this reason, we ensure that all papers are submitted earlier, even before the deadline indicated by the customer. For this reason, the client can go through the work and review everything.
At MyEssay.help, all papers are plagiarism-free as they are written from scratch. We have taken strict measures to ensure that there is no similarity on all papers and that citations are included as per the standards set.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support team is readily available to provide any guidance/help on our platform at any time of the day/night. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
MyEssay.help has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At MyEssay.help, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.