Chapter 15 – Majors and Careers: Making the right choice
PLEASE SKIP QUESTION 8
Directions: See Grading Rubric Below and Example Attached, please use the attached file as a reference along with the video below.
Each chapter of this book will ask you to write reflectively about the material you have just read. What did I learn? What’s the most valuable thing(s) I learned? What doesn’t work for me? Why doesn’t it work and how can I make it work? This is another way to remember the content of the chapter, so you might try it with your other classes as well.
Work in a Word Processor. Click on ‘Submit Assignment‘ and Copy/paste the questions into the text box. Answer all the questions. Save on your computer before submitting to your instructor. Or, Attach your file to assignment.
Important! Be sure to use quotes/examples from the textbook and reference with page numbers for each question. You may also use the PowerPoint for reference. Please state the slide number. Use PowerPoint reference only occasionally per week and when appropriate. Your main reference source is the textbook. Put your reference numbers in parenthesis. Example: (pg. 10 or slide 11)You may also use web or module video reference which must be underlined.
**View the provided video in Chapter 15 Module!**
“How to Graduate College with a Job you Love and with Less Debt”
1. How can you survive in the current economy? Be specific.
2. How are majors, interests, and careers linked? What are your interests and how can you link them to a career?
3. What internal (feelings, emotions) and external (parents, peers) influences have affected your thoughts about majors and careers? How does that make you feel?
4. What other majors and/or careers have you been thinking about? Why do these appeal to you? If you’re not considering other careers and majors, why are you dead set on the one you’ve chosen? If you are not thinking about any major or career, why?
5. What is the one idea, concept, or activity that you are passionate about? Have you taken it into account as you decide on a major? Explain.
6. List ten careers associated with your passion and ten associated with your skills. Are there any that appear on both lists? How do you feel when you review the lists (excited, nervous, hopeless, etc.)? What might your feelings be telling you?
You do not need reference for questions #7, #8, #9.
7. What was the most important thing you learned from watching the video?
8. Please tell me your future educational plans. Classes you will take at Cabrillo? Or, are you transferring? Where? Attach your Ed Plan to this assignment or write out the planned classes here. If you are graduating Cabrillo this semester and/or not continuing college, describe in detail your future career plan. What research have you done and how have you prepared yourself?
Your Ed Plan can be for continuing at Cabrillo or transfer to a university depending on your personal situation. Go to Cabrillo College Articulation webpage to help you with choosing classes:http:/ (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site./www.cabrillo.edu/services/articulation/studindex.html (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.If you have questions about this assignment, email me within this course.
You may also use the new student tool in Cabrillo Webadvisor called “Student Planning” to plan your classes. If you do not know how to use this tool, a counselor will help you. Or, you can get instructions and go to the counseling webpage.
If you do not attend Cabrillo, (still in HS, attend UCSC, Monterey Peninsula, etc. or live in another city, state), tell me what you are doing at your college or school.
9. Is there anything else on your mind this week that you’d like to share with your instructor? If so, add it to your journal entry.
In a new and separate message, respond to the following…..
1. I already know what I want to do. Why do I have to go through all these Career Assessments and boring stuff?
2. How will I know I will have the skills and competencies I need to get a good job when I graduate?
Journal Grading Rubric
Journal Grading Rubric
Guidelines for Journal Chapters
Full Points Credit – 50
· Thoroughly and Completely answers each question
· Gives personal thought as to how chapter material applies to you
· States examples from textbook and gives reference page numbers from textbook for each answer
· Explains personal situations as related to the material
Half Points Credit – 49 – 25
· Answers each question with one sentence
· Shows little personal thought as to how chapter material applies to you
· Gives some or no examples from textbook and some or no reference page numbers from textbook
· Has no personal situations as related to the material
Under Half Points Credit -24 – 0
· Does not answer each question
· Use of yes/no answers with out explanation
· Lacks any personal thought about the chapter material
· Does not attempt the assignment
Why Choose Us
We value our clients. For this reason, we ensure that each paper is written carefully as per the instructions provided by the client. Our editing team also checks all the papers to ensure that they have been completed as per the expectations.
Professional Academic Writers
Over the years, MyEssay.Help has managed to secure the most qualified, reliable and experienced team of writers. The company has also ensured continued training and development of the team members to ensure that it keep up with the rising Academic Trends.
Our prices are fairly priced in such a way that ensures affordability. Additionally, you can get a free price quotation by clicking on the "Place Order" button.
We pay strict attention on deadlines. For this reason, we ensure that all papers are submitted earlier, even before the deadline indicated by the customer. For this reason, the client can go through the work and review everything.
At MyEssay.help, all papers are plagiarism-free as they are written from scratch. We have taken strict measures to ensure that there is no similarity on all papers and that citations are included as per the standards set.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support team is readily available to provide any guidance/help on our platform at any time of the day/night. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: email@example.com.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
MyEssay.help has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At MyEssay.help, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.