Case Study 2: Ballew v. Georgia, 435 U.S. 223 (1978)
Due Week 6 and worth 150 points
The Fourth Amendment of the U.S. Constitution limits the power of the police to make arrests, search people and their property, and seize objects and contraband, such as illegal drugs or weapons. These limits are the bedrock of search and seizure law and are ultimately at the root of your right to privacy.
Analyze the following case in preparation for a systematic approach to your synthesis of law and fact:
· Ballew v. Georgia, 435 U.S. 223 (1978) located at http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/scripts/getcase.pl?navby=case&court=us&vol=435&page=223.
Write an eight page paper in which you:
1. Prepare a two to three (2-3) page briefing on the case that you reviewed in which you utilize the following areas of importance: a) issue presented; b) short answer; c) the facts of the case; d) a summary of the case; and e) a conclusion of the case outcome.
2. Discuss the historical background behind the right to a twelve (12) person jury under the Sixth Amendment to the U. S. Constitution. Provide relevant examples of such historical importance to support your response.
3. Analyze the role of the jury, as defined by the Sixth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.
4. Discuss the fundamental protections available to a defendant under the Fourth Amendment as they relate to the concept of liberty, to the American system of jurisprudence, and to the right to a twelve (12) person jury. Provide a rationale for your response.
5. Support or oppose the following quote from Phoebe C. Ellsworth, Law Professor at the University of Michigan: “Ideally, the knowledge, perspectives, and memories of the individual members are compared and combined, and individual errors and biases are discovered and discarded, so that the final verdict is forged from a shared understanding of the case.” Justify your response.
6. Use at least two (2) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
· Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
· Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
· Illustrate the workings of the adversary system.
· Use technology and information resources to research issues in U.S. Courts.
· Write clearly and concisely about U.S. Courts using proper writing mechanics and APA style conventions.
Why Choose Us
We value our clients. For this reason, we ensure that each paper is written carefully as per the instructions provided by the client. Our editing team also checks all the papers to ensure that they have been completed as per the expectations.
Professional Academic Writers
Over the years, MyEssay.Help has managed to secure the most qualified, reliable and experienced team of writers. The company has also ensured continued training and development of the team members to ensure that it keep up with the rising Academic Trends.
Our prices are fairly priced in such a way that ensures affordability. Additionally, you can get a free price quotation by clicking on the "Place Order" button.
We pay strict attention on deadlines. For this reason, we ensure that all papers are submitted earlier, even before the deadline indicated by the customer. For this reason, the client can go through the work and review everything.
At MyEssay.help, all papers are plagiarism-free as they are written from scratch. We have taken strict measures to ensure that there is no similarity on all papers and that citations are included as per the standards set.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support team is readily available to provide any guidance/help on our platform at any time of the day/night. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
MyEssay.help has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At MyEssay.help, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.