EXPECTED RETURN AND MARKET RISK PROBLEM SOLUTION
(***** 100% Correct With Calculation *****)
Unit 4Assignment 2
Answer the following questions and complete the following problems, as applicable:
You may solve the following problems algebraically, or you may use a financial calculator or Excel spreadsheet. If you choose to solve the problems algebraically, be sure to show your computations. If you use a financial calculator, show your input values. If you use an Excel spreadsheet, show your input values and formulas.
Note: In addition to your solution to each computational problem, you must show the supporting work leading to your solution to receive credit for your answer.
1. “Why is expected return considered forward-looking? What are the challenges for practitioners to utilize expected return” (Cornett, Adair, & Nofsinger, 2014, p. 250)?
2. “Describe how different allocations between the risk-free security and the market portfolio can achieve any level of market risk desired” (Cornett, Adair, & Nofsinger, 2014).
3. Refer to the table below to complete this question. “Compute the expected return given these three economic states, their likelihoods, and the potential returns” (Cornett, Adair, & Nofsinger, 2014).
4. “If the risk-free rate is 6 percent and the risk premium is 5 percent, what is the required return” (Cornett, Adair, & Nofsinger, 2014, p. 251)?
5. “The average annual return on the Standard and Poor’s 500 Index from 1986 to 1995 was 15.8 percent. The average annual T-bill yield during the same period was 5.6 percent. What was the market risk premium during these 10 years” (Cornett, Adair, & Nofsinger, 2014, p. 251)?
6. “Hastings Entertainment has a beta of 0.24. If the market return is expected to be 11 percent and the risk-free rate is 4 percent, what is Hastings’ required return” (Cornett, Adair, & Nofsinger, 2014, p. 251)?
7. Use the capital asset pricing model to calculate Hastings’ required return.
8. Calculate the beta of your portfolio, which comprises the following items: (a) Olympic Steel stock, which has a beta of 2.9 and comprises 25 percent of your portfolio, (b) Rent-a-Center stock, which has a beta of 1.5 and comprises 35 percent of your portfolio, and (c) Lincoln Electric stock, which has a beta of 0.2 and comprises 40 percent of your portfolio (Cornett, Adair, & Nofsinger, 2014).
Submit your completed assignment as an attachment in the assignment area. You may use either a Word document or an Excel spreadsheet for your work, but not both. Prior to submitting your assignment, review the Estimating Risk and Return Scoring Guide to ensure you have met all of the requirements and as a self-assessment of your work.
Cornett, M. M., Adair, T. A., & Nofsinger J. (2014). M: Finance (2nd ed.). New York, NY: McGraw-Hill.
U Can Also Purchase Unit 4 Assignment 1 (***** Just Click On Below Link *****)
Why Choose Us
We value our clients. For this reason, we ensure that each paper is written carefully as per the instructions provided by the client. Our editing team also checks all the papers to ensure that they have been completed as per the expectations.
Professional Academic Writers
Over the years, MyEssay.Help has managed to secure the most qualified, reliable and experienced team of writers. The company has also ensured continued training and development of the team members to ensure that it keep up with the rising Academic Trends.
Our prices are fairly priced in such a way that ensures affordability. Additionally, you can get a free price quotation by clicking on the "Place Order" button.
We pay strict attention on deadlines. For this reason, we ensure that all papers are submitted earlier, even before the deadline indicated by the customer. For this reason, the client can go through the work and review everything.
At MyEssay.help, all papers are plagiarism-free as they are written from scratch. We have taken strict measures to ensure that there is no similarity on all papers and that citations are included as per the standards set.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support team is readily available to provide any guidance/help on our platform at any time of the day/night. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
MyEssay.help has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At MyEssay.help, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.