1. A company uses the weighted average method for inventory costing. During a period, a production department had 20,000 units in beginning goods in process inventory which were 40% complete; the department completed and transferred 165,000 units. At the end of the period, 22,000 units were in the ending goods in process inventory and are 75% complete. All of these are with respect to labor. The production department had labor costs in the beginning goods is process inventory of $99,000 and total labor costs added during the period are $726,825. Compute the equivalent cost per unit for labor.
2. Baker Corporation has two operating departments, Machining and Assembly, and an office. The three categories of office expenses are allocated to the two departments using different allocation bases. The following information is available for the current period: Office Expenses Total Allocation Basis Salaries $30,000 Number of employees Depreciation 20,000 Cost of goods sold Advertising 40,000 net sales Item Machining Assembly Total Number of employees 1,000 1,500 2,500 Net sales $325,000 $475,000 $800,000 Cost of goods sold $ 75,000 $ 125,000 $200,000 The amount of office expenses that should be allocated to Assembly for the current period is:
3. Wilson Trade School allocates administrative costs to its respective departments based on the number of students enrolled, while maintenance and utilities are allocated per square feet of classrooms. Based on the information below, what is the total amount of expenses allocated to the Automotive Department (rounded to the nearest dollar) if administrative costs for the school were $50,000, maintenance fees were $12,000, and utilities were $6,000? Department Students Classrooms Electrical 120 10,000 sq ft Automotive 70 12,000 sq ft Secretarial 50 8,000 sq ft Plumbing 40 6,000 sq ft
4. White Company has two service departments and two operating (production) departments. The Payroll department services all three of the other departments in proportion to the number of employees in each. Also, the Maintenance Department services the two operating departments in proportion to the floor space used by each. Listed below are the operating data for the current period; Service Depts. Production Depts. Payroll Maintenance Milling Assembly Direct costs $20,400 $25,500 $76,500 $105,400 Number of personnel 15 15 45 Sq. ft. of space 10,000 15,000 The total cost of operating the Milling Department for the current period is what?
5. Mace Department store allocates its service department expenses to its various operating (sales) departments. The following data is available: Expense Basis for allocation Amount Rent Square feet of floor space $24,000 Advertising Amount of dollar sales $30,000 Administrative Number of employees $45,000 The following information is available for its three operating (sales) departments: Square Dollar Number of Department Feet Sales Employees A 3,000 $280,000 6 B 3,400 $300,000 8 C 3,600 $420,000 10 What is the total expense allocated to Department B?
6. Camden Corporation sells three products (M, N, and O) in the following mix: 3:1:2. Unit price and cost data are: M N O Unit sales price $7 $4 $6 Unit variable costs 3 2 3 Total fixed costs are $340,000. What is the break-even point in sales dollars for the
current sales mix?
Use the following to answer questions 7-9:
Kyle, Inc., has collected the following data on one of its products:
Direct materials standard (4 lbs @ $1/lb) $4 per finished unit
Total direct materials cost variance %u2013 unfavorable $13,750
Actual direct materials used 150,000 lbs
Actual finished units produced 30,000 units
7. What is the actual cost of the direct materials used?
8. What is the direct materials quantity variance?
9. What is the direct materials price variance?
10. The following present value factors are provided for use in this problem:
Present Value Present Value of an
Periods of 1 at 8% Annuity of 1 at 8%
1 0.9259 0.9259
2 0.8573 1.7833
3 0.7938 2.5771
4 0.7350 3.3121
Norman Co. wants to purchase a machine for $40,000, but needs to earn a 8% return. The expected year-end net cash flows are $12,000 in each of the first three years, and $16,000 in the fourth year. What is the machine’s net present value (round to the nearest whole dollar)?
Why Choose Us
We value our clients. For this reason, we ensure that each paper is written carefully as per the instructions provided by the client. Our editing team also checks all the papers to ensure that they have been completed as per the expectations.
Professional Academic Writers
Over the years, MyEssay.Help has managed to secure the most qualified, reliable and experienced team of writers. The company has also ensured continued training and development of the team members to ensure that it keep up with the rising Academic Trends.
Our prices are fairly priced in such a way that ensures affordability. Additionally, you can get a free price quotation by clicking on the "Place Order" button.
We pay strict attention on deadlines. For this reason, we ensure that all papers are submitted earlier, even before the deadline indicated by the customer. For this reason, the client can go through the work and review everything.
At MyEssay.help, all papers are plagiarism-free as they are written from scratch. We have taken strict measures to ensure that there is no similarity on all papers and that citations are included as per the standards set.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support team is readily available to provide any guidance/help on our platform at any time of the day/night. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
MyEssay.help has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At MyEssay.help, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.