1. The principles of conduct governing an individual or a group are referred to as ________.
2. Procedural justice refers to the ________.
a. degree to which managers treat employees with dignity as opposed to abuse or disrespect
b. fairness of the process used to arrive at a decision
c. manner in which managers conduct their interpersonal dealings with employees
d. fairness of a decision’s result
3. The Enron debacle, “It’s not the rules but what employees feel they should do that determines ethical
behavior,” is a description of ________.
a. national culture
b. organizational culture
c. organizational climate
d. organizational ethics
4. The CEO of Southwest Airlines can sometimes be seen helping out at a gate, handling luggage, and assisting
cabin attendants while in flight. This is an example of ________ to create and sustain the company’s culture.
a. organizing ceremonies
b. providing physical support
c. using signs and symbols
d. clarifying expectations
5. All of the following is a step in discipline without punishment except:
a. if no further incidents purge the one-day suspension from the file
b. contact others involved
c. give a paid, one-day “decision-making leave”
d. None of the above.
6. The most drastic step a manager can take in response to an employee offense is ________.
b. time off without pay
c. written warning
d. warning documented in employee file
7. Which of the basis for dismissal is defined as the persistent failure to perform assigned duties or to meet
prescribed standards on the job?
b. changed requirements of job
c. unsatisfactory performance
d. lack of qualifications for job
8. Misconduct, one of the basis for dismissal, is defined as ________.
a. an employee’s inability to do the work assigned because the nature of the job has changed
b. an employee’s inability to do the assigned work despite his or her diligence
c. the deliberate and willful violation of the employer’s rules and may include stealing and
d. the persistent failure to perform assigned duties or to meet prescribed standards on the job
9. What law requires that employers of 100 or more employees receive 60 days’ notice before closing a facility
or starting a layoff of 50 people or more?
a. Electronic Communications Privacy Act
c. Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act
10. The plant closing law requires employers with ________ or more employees to give advance notification
prior to closing a facility.
11. What is the second step in the guidelines for an effective termination interview?
a. plan the interview carefully
b. get to the point
c. describe the situation
12. The ________ shop form of union security means that the company can hire non-union people, but those
people must join the union within a prescribed period of time.
13. In what year was the Wagner Act passed?
14. Which law gave employers the right to express their views concerning union organization?
a. Gompers Act
b. Landrum-Griffin Act
c. Taft-Hartley Act
d. Norris-LaGuardia Act
15. ________ is an organizing tactic by which full-time undercover union organizers are hired unknowingly by
employers in order to sway union elections.
a. Union salting
16. All of the following are examples of permissible bargaining items except:
a. overtime pay
b. use of union label
c. indemnity bonds
d. cafeteria prices
17. Illegal bargaining items are ________.
a. items which must be negotiated according to law
b. a part of negotiations through joint agreement of both management and union
c. forbidden by law
d. All of the above.
18. Fact finding seeks to end an impasse by ________.
a. communicating assessments of the likelihood of a strike
b. interpreting existing contract terms
c. studying the issue in a dispute and making a public recommendation
d. assisting the principals in reaching an agreement
19. Employers dealing with an unfair labor practice strike can use all of the following responses except:
a. shut down the affected area until the strike ends
b. hire permanent replacement workers
c. contract out work to other operations
d. continue operations with supervisors filling in
20. Which of the following is not a basis for reducing and preventing accidents at work?
a. reducing unsafe conditions
b. training employees
c. reducing unsafe acts
d. hiring non-accident-prone workers
21. Which of the following is one of the earliest indicators of possible alcoholism in an employee?
c. avoidance of fellow employees
d. domestic problems
22. A drug-free workplace program includes how many components?
23. All of the following are symptoms of employees in the middle stage of alcoholism except:
b. untrue statements
c. frequent absences
d. mood swings
24. Which of the following is an external factor that can lead to job stress?
a. workaholic personality
c. job security
d. locus of control
25. Which of the following safety concerns only became a top priority of employers following the terrorist
attacks of September 11, 2001?
a. internet security
b. physical asset security
c. workplace violence
d. employee selection and screening
Why Choose Us
We value our clients. For this reason, we ensure that each paper is written carefully as per the instructions provided by the client. Our editing team also checks all the papers to ensure that they have been completed as per the expectations.
Professional Academic Writers
Over the years, MyEssay.Help has managed to secure the most qualified, reliable and experienced team of writers. The company has also ensured continued training and development of the team members to ensure that it keep up with the rising Academic Trends.
Our prices are fairly priced in such a way that ensures affordability. Additionally, you can get a free price quotation by clicking on the "Place Order" button.
We pay strict attention on deadlines. For this reason, we ensure that all papers are submitted earlier, even before the deadline indicated by the customer. For this reason, the client can go through the work and review everything.
At MyEssay.help, all papers are plagiarism-free as they are written from scratch. We have taken strict measures to ensure that there is no similarity on all papers and that citations are included as per the standards set.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support team is readily available to provide any guidance/help on our platform at any time of the day/night. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: email@example.com.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
MyEssay.help has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At MyEssay.help, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.