BUS 1303 Marketing
Coursework: Report (30%)
Due Date: Week 14
Length of report: 1500-2000 words
Written Report (20%) and Oral Defense (10%)
Market research survey questionnaire to be included
Group project on marketing opportunities for a brand of consumer products. You will choose/be assigned a brand of consumer products. Each group will be assigned a different brand. Research the brand, the organization that markets the brand, the marketing environment, the market and the market segments in the UAE. Then infer the marketing opportunities (including targeted segments) available for the brand from the market information.
This is an external work which must follow APA Formatting guidelines. This project will cover CLOs 1, 2, 3, and 4. You will submit a written report consisting of 1500 to 2000 words. The market research survey questionnaire(s) should be submitted as appendix to the report. Following the report submission, individually you will orally defend your marketing analysis and plan at a set date and answer specific questions on your assignment.
Guidelines for Market Research
· To research about the brand, the product, the marketing environment, the market and the market segments in the UAE from information that is publicly available.
· Use credible sources of information and, where possible, use the databases available on the HCT library website.
Part A of the report:
Current Market Situation
1. Brief background information about the Brand
· Brand: (1) where it originates from, (2) when it was introduced in the UAE, (3) existing product lines/items in the UAE
· Organization that markets the brand: (1) business activities, (2) date of establishment in the UAE, (3) structure and size, (4) strengths and weaknesses
2. Market environment
Market environment: (1) two micro-environmental and two macro-environmental factors that have the biggest impact on the brand’s existing product lines/items in the UAE, (2) major changes and trends that impact marketing decisions of the brand’s existing product lines/items in the UAE
3. Consumer product: discuss the product you have chosen in terms of
· Description of the product: describe the core and actual product
· Associated services offered with the product
· One strength and one weakness of the product
4. Market Description and Segmentation
· Market for the brand’s product lines/items in the UAE: (1) define the market, (2) who are customers buying them from, (5) customers’ current needs and wants,
· Market segments: (1) define the existing market segments, (2) segments in which the brand’s existing product lines/items are offered
· Market segmentation could be done using at least two variables.
· Target market for the brand/ product identified and described using at least two variables; use of more relevant variables will be graded higher
· To research about the market and the market segments in the UAE from information that is not publicly available.
· Prepare a survey questionnaire to determine: (1) customers’ current needs and wants, (2) potential changes to customers’ needs and wants, (3) existing market segments, (4) potential changes to existing segments, (5) potential new segments, (6) customer psychographics, (7) customers’ buying behavior
· Conduct the survey on a representative sample of appropriate size.
Part B of the report
1. Marketing Opportunities
· Describe four growth opportunities for the brand using the product/market expansion grid that could be used by the company to increase sales.
· From the market information, infer the marketing opportunities for the brand in each of the existing and potential new market segments using the product/market expansion grid
· Choose ONLY one of the above described marketing opportunities (you cannot choose market penetration).
· Decide whether to target existing market segments or potential new market segments by offering existing product lines/items or new product lines/items. Explain with reference to the market research.
2. Application of the marketing mix:
Develop a marketing mix including current and or new target market which addresses the marketing opportunity that you have identified to grow the business based on your market research.
Application of the Marketing Mix – Proposed Product
In this section of the report, you need to explain how your brand should use the “product” mix. The way that you explain the proposed product needs to be in-line with your assigned marketing opportunity (keep in mind that your marketing opportunity needs to be discussed at a local level, i.e., Abu Dhabi, Dubai or UAE).
· Product specification – consumer/industrial product
· Fully describe the product in terms of the core, actual and augmented levels.
ü Actual product
ü Augmented product
· Product specification – convenience, shopping, specialty, unsought
Application of Marketing Mix – Proposed Price
The product price is structured based on the findings as well with elaboration on the pricing strategy used and reasons behind using this specific strategy. In this section of the report, you need to explain how your brand should use “price”. The way that you explain the proposed price needs to be in-line with your assigned marketing opportunity (keep in mind that your marketing opportunity needs to be discussed at a local level, i.e., Abu Dhabi, Dubai or UAE)
What the product specification is, will influence the pricing strategy.
· What are the costs involved in producing the product or service, importing it, distributing it.
· Which strategy are you choosing? Why? How does the price reflect the decisions you have made in the product strategy (e.g. luxury good, convenience good, etc.)
· Price skimming or price penetration
· How does the product classification influence the pricing strategy
Application of Marketing Mix – Proposed Place
Propose the most suitable distribution channel for the product. In this section of the report, you need to explain how your brand should use “place”. The way that you explain the proposed place needs to be in-line with your assigned marketing opportunity (keep in mind that your marketing opportunity needs to be discussed at a local level, i.e., Abu Dhabi, Dubai or UAE)
· Type of distribution – intensive, selective, exclusive
· How does this relate to the product classification
· Where do you (the Brand and your opportunity) lay within the supply chain? How does this influence your distribution strategy?
· Push or Pull strategy within the distribution strategy
Application of Marketing Mix – Proposed Promotion
Develop a thorough promotion mix covering all the elements that might be used or where it is applicable e.g. Advertising, Personal Selling, Sales Promotion, Public Relations, Direct Marketing.
In this section of the report, you need to explain how your brand should use “promotion”. The way that you explain the proposed promotion needs to be in-line with your assigned marketing opportunity (keep in mind that your marketing opportunity needs to be discussed at a local level, i.e., Abu Dhabi, Dubai or UAE)
· Push or pull strategy – tied directly to the distribution strategy
· IMC strategy
· What is the mix of promotional elements you are using or will use?
Analysis from market research (Charts are encouraged)
· You now need to carry out primary research to be able to complete part B of your project.
You need to research about the market, the market segments in the UAE, and the marketing mix from information that is not publicly available. So, you need to prepare a survey questionnaire. Then, conduct the survey on a representative sample of appropriate size (minimum 20 respondents). Please read the information mentioned below to guide you in this part.
· To complete this market research, ensure that your questionnaire covers some of the following criteria:
v Current brand/ product usage rate including usage of competitor brands/ products
v Level of satisfaction with brand / product including competitor products.
v Reason for satisfaction with brand / product including competitor products. This may include elements of the marketing mix.
v The customers’ current needs and wants, potential changes to customers’ needs and wants (based on your research)
v Existing market segments, potential changes to existing segments, potential new segments,
v Customer psychographics, customers’ buying behavior,
v Marketing mix questions (price, product, place and promotion)
v Include any other relevant information that you feel is necessary to explain your chosen marketing opportunity.
v Identification of the marketing opportunity.
v Ensure that your teacher approves the questionnaire before you conduct the survey.
· Put your results of the questionnaire in tables
· Use the results to discuss in details your proposal for the marketing growth opportunity
Ø Discuss the following: type of product, the 3 levels of the product, and the branding strategy.
Ø Two (2) promotional tools you recommend should be used. Discuss why you have chosen these tools.
Ø Which pricing strategy should be used? Discuss the factors you took into consideration when choosing the pricing strategy.
Ø Distribution strategy and type of channel used.
· References- make sure that you use at least 4 different sources. Make sure that you use the right referencing techniques.
Each group should make one recommendation and a marketing idea and give details of its objective, cost, appeal and target audience.
Provide full details of the marketing opportunity covering the 4P’s
This should be the main focus of your presentation and must discuss the marketing mix.
Why Choose Us
We value our clients. For this reason, we ensure that each paper is written carefully as per the instructions provided by the client. Our editing team also checks all the papers to ensure that they have been completed as per the expectations.
Professional Academic Writers
Over the years, MyEssay.Help has managed to secure the most qualified, reliable and experienced team of writers. The company has also ensured continued training and development of the team members to ensure that it keep up with the rising Academic Trends.
Our prices are fairly priced in such a way that ensures affordability. Additionally, you can get a free price quotation by clicking on the "Place Order" button.
We pay strict attention on deadlines. For this reason, we ensure that all papers are submitted earlier, even before the deadline indicated by the customer. For this reason, the client can go through the work and review everything.
At MyEssay.help, all papers are plagiarism-free as they are written from scratch. We have taken strict measures to ensure that there is no similarity on all papers and that citations are included as per the standards set.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support team is readily available to provide any guidance/help on our platform at any time of the day/night. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: email@example.com.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
MyEssay.help has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At MyEssay.help, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.