BUS 475 week 1 knowledge check
1. Reaching a valid decision is based on the evaluation of arguments. If we know that a valid argument has true premises, then a decision based on the argument______________.
A. must be sound
B. might be sound
C. is strong
D. might have a false conclusion
2. Identify the fallacy in the following piano store advertisement: “Pianos are our only business. You’ll get the best deal at the Piano Experts.”
A. Ad hominem
B. Straw man
C. Hasty generalization
D. Red herring
3. Which of the following statements describes creativity correctly?
A. Only highly intelligent people are capable of generating creative ideas.
B. Creative people are born with the trait.
C. Anyone can become more creative.
D. Children are more creative than adults.
4. How would you assess the following statement? Consider both the nature of the claim and the source. “Lottery director Mark Michalko said Thursday that allegations that Californians are squandering money they once used for food to buy lottery tickets ‘are just not correct.’. . . California Grocers Association president Don Beaver raised the issue earlier in the week, saying five supermarket chains had complained that grocery sales dropped about 5 percent after lottery tickets went on sale October 3.” —Sacramento Bee
A. Probably true
B. Probably false
C. Requiring further documentation
D. Claim that cannot be properly evaluated
5. The Sarbanes–Oxley Act was created in 2002 to improve and maintain investor confidence. The act includes which of the following:
A. senior managers sign off on financial results
B. privately held companies must report to the public
C. officers are exempt if they were not aware of a misrepresentation
D. company insiders may compose the entire Board of Directors
6. Organizational behavior is examined at three main levels.
A. Traits, behaviors, and results
B. Affective, cognitive, and behavioral
C. Individual, organizational, and societal
D. Individual, group, and organizational
7. Employees who have intrinsic work values will be motivated by
A. challenging assignments
B. status in the workplace
C. social contacts
D. financial rewards
8. Research on the five-stage model of group development shows that
A. all groups pass through the norming stage
B. groups always pass through the stages in order
C. not all groups go through each of the stages
D. all groups pass through the adjourning stage
9. The extent to which a leader actually does help a group or organization to achieve its goals is best described as
A. formal leadership
B. leader effectiveness
C. organizational profitability
D. informal leadership
10. When the business environment is __________, an organization is most likely to decentralize authority and empower its employees to make operating decisions.
11. To make your communication more effective
A. include as much information as possible, even if you are not sure it is necessary
B. send the same messages by multiple channels
C. clearly address your audience’s wants and needs, not yours
D. draw pictures and animations your audience will understand
12. Which of the following meeting technologies would be most effective for negotiations, collaborative problem solving, and other complex discussions?
B. Instant messaging
13. Most persuasive messages combine
A. many major points all at once
B. logical and emotional factors
C. truth and falsehood
D. current and very old evidence
14. Important design elements to consider when creating slides include which of the following:
A. word selection
B. selecting background designs
C. selecting a theme
D. writing content
15. Which of the following would be the best wording to use on a resume?
A. “I was in charge of a staff of six employees.”
B. “I supervised a full staff of six employees.”
C. “Was in charge of entire departmental staff.”
D. “Supervised staff of six employees.”
16. The __________ approach to ethics maintains that an ethical action is the one that provides the most good or does the least harm.
A. utilitarian approach
B. rights approach
C. fairness approach
D. common good approach
A. Opt-out model
B. Opt-in model
C. Electronic surveillance
18. Wireless communication includes which of the following:
B. coaxial connections
C. traditional land lines
D. lighting connections
19. Enterprise resource planning applications seeks to integrate a number of issues, including which of the following:
A. vacation schedules
B. tenure of the staff
C. production and inventory levels
D. turnover rate of the project staff
20. The request for proposal (RFP) is one of the key tools in acquiring information systems and applications. Which of the following statements best characterizes the RFP?
A. The RFP must always be used.
B. It is prepared by the vendor.
C. It always identifies the price.
D. It defines the scope of the project.
21. The relationship between jurisdiction and venue of state and federal courts
A. often causes delays in case resolution
B. causes development of conflicting rules in similar disputes
C. is determined by the U.S. Attorney General
D. is well-defined by statute and case law
22. Businesses owe customers (business invitees) visiting their stores
A. no duty of care, the customer assumes the risk of injury
B. a warning of known risks, only
C. a duty to inspect for and warn of risks
D. a duty to repair hidden risks only where children are involved
23. A legally enforceable contract always requires
A. a written document
B. signatures of all parties
C. a heading saying “Contract” or “Agreement”
D. a manifest intent to be bound by the parties
24. Regulatory (or administrative) law arises from
A. court decisions
B. enabling statutes
C. attorney general opinions
D. policy documents prepared by nongovernmental organizations
25. The purpose of a clear ethical code in a business is
A. to draw on employees religious background
B. to encourage philosophical debate among employees
C. to regulate employees’ private conduct
D. to manage values and conflicts among them
Why Choose Us
We value our clients. For this reason, we ensure that each paper is written carefully as per the instructions provided by the client. Our editing team also checks all the papers to ensure that they have been completed as per the expectations.
Professional Academic Writers
Over the years, MyEssay.Help has managed to secure the most qualified, reliable and experienced team of writers. The company has also ensured continued training and development of the team members to ensure that it keep up with the rising Academic Trends.
Our prices are fairly priced in such a way that ensures affordability. Additionally, you can get a free price quotation by clicking on the "Place Order" button.
We pay strict attention on deadlines. For this reason, we ensure that all papers are submitted earlier, even before the deadline indicated by the customer. For this reason, the client can go through the work and review everything.
At MyEssay.help, all papers are plagiarism-free as they are written from scratch. We have taken strict measures to ensure that there is no similarity on all papers and that citations are included as per the standards set.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support team is readily available to provide any guidance/help on our platform at any time of the day/night. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
MyEssay.help has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At MyEssay.help, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.