1. Ch. 11: “HIDEOUSLY WRINKLED… PLEASE HELP ME!”(89). What is Marla storing in the freezer and why? Who is she getting it from? What does this say about our society? Relate your analysis to this passage:
“Tyler calls himself the Paper Street Soap Company. People are saying it’s the best soap ever.
“ ‘What would’ve been worse,’ ” Tyler says, “ ‘is if you had accidentally eaten Marla’s mother’ ” (87).
What is ironic about what they are doing?
2. Ch. 12: “My boss is wearing his gray tie so this must be a Tuesday” (96). What is this passage about? What’s the tension between the boss and the narrator? How is the narrator changing and why?
3. Ch. 12: Who is the mass murderer in this chapter? Find passages to illustrate your point.
4. Ch. 13: “The cancer I don’t have is everywhere now. I don’t tell Marla that” (106). What “cancer” is the narrator referring to? What is the narrator saying about birthmarks and the meaning of life?
5. Ch. 14: “People listened instead of just waiting for their turn to speak” (107). Comment on the relevance of this passage in our society. Relate it to this quote: “Marla’s heart looked the way my face was. The crap and the trash of the world. Post-consumer human butt wipe that no one would ever go to the trouble to recycle” (109).
6. Ch. 15: “At Tyler’s other job, at the Pressman Hotel, Tyler said he was nobody. Nobody cared if he lived or died, and the feeling was fucking mutual” (113). Analyze this quote and relate it to this one: “Sure… I might go to prison. They could hang me and yank my nuts off and drag me through the streets and flay my skin and burn me with lye, but the Pressman Hotel would always be known as the hotel where the richest people in the world ate pee” (114).
7. Ch. 16: “By this time next week, each guy on the Assault Committee has to pick a fight where he won’t come out a hero. And not in fight club. This is harder than it sounds. A man on the street will do anything not to fight.
“The idea is to take some Joe on the street who’s never been in a fight and recruit him. Let him experience winning for the first time in his life. Get him to explode” (120).
Analyze this passage. Why is this hard and what is he saying this experience does for people? Relate it to our society.
8. Ch. 16: “When Tyler invented Project Mayhem, Tyler said the goal of Project Mayhem had nothing to do with other people. Tyler didn’t care if other people got hurt or not. The goal was to teach each man in the project that he had the power to control history. We, each of us, can take control of the world” (122). Analyze this philosophy and relate it to something else we’ve read.
9. Ch. 16: “For thousands of years, human beings have screwed up and trashed and crapped on this planet, and now history expected me to clean up after everyone. I have to wash out and flatten my soup cans. And account for every drop of used motor oil… And I have to foot the bill for nuclear waste and buried gasoline tanks and landfilled toxic sludge dumped a generation before I was born” (124). Analyze this passage and relate it to our society. What’s he angry about? What’s the hypocrisy he’s revealing in this passage?
10. Ch. 16: “ ‘Recycling and speed limits are bullshit,’” Tyler said. “ ‘They’re like someone who quits smoking on his deathbed.’ ”
“It’s Project Mayhem that going to save the world. A cultural ice age…
“Like fight club does with clerks and boxboys, Project Mayhem will break up civilization so we can make something better out of the world” (125).
Analyze this passage and detail his philosophy. What are they protesting against, why, and how?
Why Choose Us
We value our clients. For this reason, we ensure that each paper is written carefully as per the instructions provided by the client. Our editing team also checks all the papers to ensure that they have been completed as per the expectations.
Professional Academic Writers
Over the years, MyEssay.Help has managed to secure the most qualified, reliable and experienced team of writers. The company has also ensured continued training and development of the team members to ensure that it keep up with the rising Academic Trends.
Our prices are fairly priced in such a way that ensures affordability. Additionally, you can get a free price quotation by clicking on the "Place Order" button.
We pay strict attention on deadlines. For this reason, we ensure that all papers are submitted earlier, even before the deadline indicated by the customer. For this reason, the client can go through the work and review everything.
At MyEssay.help, all papers are plagiarism-free as they are written from scratch. We have taken strict measures to ensure that there is no similarity on all papers and that citations are included as per the standards set.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support team is readily available to provide any guidance/help on our platform at any time of the day/night. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
MyEssay.help has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At MyEssay.help, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.