Questions 1 to 25: Select the best answer to each question. Note that a question and its answers may be split across a page
break, so be sure that you have seen the entire question and all the answers before choosing an answer.
1. An exception to the exclusionary rule is the _______ exception.
A. good faith
B. threshold inquiry
C. stop and frisk
D. warrantless search
2. The _______ is the stage of the criminal justice system when a defendant is formally charged and
allowed to enter a plea.
A. preliminary hearing
3. The notion that crime is caused by social disorganization is a belief of
A. criminal anthropology.
B. humanist psychological theory.
C. Sigmund Freud.
D. the Chicago School.
4. The_______ Amendment protects against compelled self-incrimination.
5. According to the statistics quoted in your textbook, which of the following groups is likely to be most
fearful of crime?
A. Male whites
B. White Christians with income above $50,000
C. Southern college graduates of any race
D. Female nonwhites6. Which agency oversees the collection of information that’s compiled into the uniform crime reports?
A. Secret Service
7. Prohibiting certain behaviors that arguably shouldn’t be prohibited is referred to as
A. actus reus.
B. ex post facto law.
8. Which defense contends that the defendant should be found not guilty because his or her state of mind
negates criminal responsibility?
9. _______ law is that which is formed from judges’ decisions.
10. Most of the procedural, or due process, rights given to criminal suspects or defendants in the United
States are found in
A. Federal Rules of Criminal Procedure.
B. common law.
C. the Bill of Rights.
D. the First Amendment to the Constitution.
11. The right to counsel may be waived, but only if the waiver is made
A. by the defendant and at least two witnesses known to the defendant.
B. by the defendant’s attorney.
C. knowingly, intelligently, and voluntarily.
D. within 14 days after charges are filed.
12. Most legal excuses for criminal responsibility are based on the belief that certain offenders lack the
capacity or competence, or have diminished capacity or competence, to form
A. mala prohibita.
B. mens rea.
C. actus reus.D. legality.
13. On which of the following components of criminal justice was the most money spent in 2009?
C. Police protection
D. Judicial/legal services
14. Which part of the criminal justice system focuses on punishing defendants who are found guilty?
B. Social workers
15. What type of crime measurement collects data from those who break the law?
A. The national crime victimization surveys
B. The uniform crime reports
C. The longitudinal cohort survey
D. Self-report surveys
16. Which of the following are used to increase efficiency of the criminal justice system in the crime
B. Bench trials
D. Plea bargains
17. There are at least three different reasons that the U.S. Supreme Court did not make the Fourteenth
Amendment incorporate the Bill of Rights for approximately 100 years. Which of the following is not one
of the reasons given in your textbook?
A. There is little evidence that supporters of the Fourteenth Amendment intended it to incorporate the Bill of Rights
B. By 1937, a series of court decisions had established the precedent that the due-process clause of the Fourteenth Amendment
did not require states to follow trial procedures mandated at the federal level by provisions in the Bill of Rights.
C. It was an issue of states’ rights.
D. Voters frequently showed their disapproval of following trial procedures mandated by provisions of the Bill of Rights,
interpreting them as a possible threat to their civil rights.
18. The costs of corporate crimes are estimated at $260 billion annually, about _______ times greater than
the cost to victims of all crimes reported in the 2009 NCVS.
D. 1019. Police can seize evidence not covered by a search warrant when
A. the evidence is in plain view.
B. the evidence is in a motor vehicle.
C. they’re looking for drugs.
D. they’re looking for stolen goods.
20. Punishment involving torture is prohibited under the _______ Amendment.
21. An arrest warrant is issued only if substantial and trustworthy evidence supports which two
A. The person to be arrested committed the violation, and the person will be found in the place to be searched.
B. A violation of the law has been committed, and the person to be arrested committed the violation.
C. A violation of the law has been committed, and the person will be found in the place to be searched.
D. The specific objects to be searched for are connected with criminal activity, and the objects will be found in the place to be
22. According to the 2011 national crime victimization survey, approximately what percentage of all violent
crimes was not reported to the police by victims?
23. Defendants can appeal their convictions on constitutional grounds, including all of the following except
A. violation of his or her freedom of speech and public assembly.
B. incompetent assistance of counsel.
C. identification of the defendant through a defective police lineup.
D. improper questioning of the defendant by the police.
24. Low levels of _______ have been found in impulsive murderers and arsonists.
25. Limbic system disorders are possible explanations for criminal behavior under _______ theories.
C. classicalEnd of exam
D. criminal anthropology
Why Choose Us
We value our clients. For this reason, we ensure that each paper is written carefully as per the instructions provided by the client. Our editing team also checks all the papers to ensure that they have been completed as per the expectations.
Professional Academic Writers
Over the years, MyEssay.Help has managed to secure the most qualified, reliable and experienced team of writers. The company has also ensured continued training and development of the team members to ensure that it keep up with the rising Academic Trends.
Our prices are fairly priced in such a way that ensures affordability. Additionally, you can get a free price quotation by clicking on the "Place Order" button.
We pay strict attention on deadlines. For this reason, we ensure that all papers are submitted earlier, even before the deadline indicated by the customer. For this reason, the client can go through the work and review everything.
At MyEssay.help, all papers are plagiarism-free as they are written from scratch. We have taken strict measures to ensure that there is no similarity on all papers and that citations are included as per the standards set.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support team is readily available to provide any guidance/help on our platform at any time of the day/night. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
MyEssay.help has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At MyEssay.help, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.