1. The 4th step in preparing the annual sales budget is
a. identify specific market opportunities and problems
b. develop a preliminary allocation of resources
c. review and analyze the situation
d. communicate goals and objectives
2. The general sales manager and director of marketing engage in
a. strategic planning
b. daily planning
c. monthly and weekly planning
d. tactical planning
3. Firms that sell products to the government, military and commercial markets are usually organized by
d. geographic area
4. Even though most companies establish sales territories on a geographic basis, major emphasis should be on
a. political units
b. customers and prospects
c. travel time of the salespeople
d. ease of access to the customers’ main production plants
5. The 4th step in the procedure for developing sales territories is
a. conduct an account analysis
b. develop a salesperson workload analysis
c. combine geographical control units into territories
d. assign salespeople to territories
6. The 4th step in a systematic process for recruiting salespeople is to
a. attract a pool of sales recruits
b. conduct a job analysis
c. select best recruits
d. prepare a job description
7. Most firms turn to _____ as their first source of new sales recruits
c. non-sales personnel within the company
d. non-competing companies
8. The 4th step in systematic process for selecting salespeople is
a. in-depth interviewing
b. initial screening
c. employment testing
d. reference checking
9. Initial socializing occurs during recruiting, selecting and introductory training. During the socialization process, the purpose of recruiting is
a. finding potential job applicants
b. giving recruits details about the company’s philosophy and the salespersons role in the organization.
c. telling recruits about the company.
d. getting recruits to apply.
10. The 4th step in the development of the sales training development process is to:
a. determine training objectives
b. conduct training needs assessment
c. determine responsibility, method of delivery, timing and location
d. develop the content of the training program
11. The first figures studied in sales analysis are
a. sales volume
b. sales costs
c. direct selling costs
d. indirect selling costs
12. The relationship between inputs (marketing efforts) and outputs (sales goals or results) is known as input-output efficiency. From the data given below, what is the efficiency ration?
DATA: (1) 3000 sales calls at $100
(2) 5000 telephone calls at $1
(3) 15 trade magazine advertisements at $1000
(4) Sell 2000 new office machines ($1000 ea.) @ $500 gross margin.
13. For a particular product line, sales during the past year were about $15,000,000. Costs of goods were 10,000,000, sales expenses were 1,200,000 and fixed costs of goods sold were 2,000,000. What was the product lines contribution margin for the year?
14. Which of the following performance factors are considered within the control of the salesperson?
a. competitive intensity
b. variation in company support
c. generating sales revenues
d. time allocation between account development and account maintenance
15. The number of new accounts a salesperson generates is an example of
a. behavior based measure
b. profitability measure
c. professional development measure
d. outcome based measure
16. The purpose of a quota dictates the kind of quota the firm utilizes. For example, if management wants to increase market share, it would use a
a. sales volume quota
b. financial quota
c. activity quota
d. profit quota
17. There are three successive stages of an effective Performance Evaluation Monitoring System (PEMS). The phase in which salespersons are allowed to ask the sales manager three key questions: “Where am I going?” “How will I get there” “How will I be measured” is called the _____ stage.
a. performance planning
b. performance appraisal
c. performance review
d. performance evaluation
18. Which of the following is incorrect with respect to 360 degree performance appraisals?
a. They fit well with traditional organizational structures
b. They fit well with greater empowerment of employees
c. They fit well with working in teams
d. They are both multi-directional and multi-dimensional.
19.Peter Deutsch is a sales manager for an industrial products firm. He is responsible for 20 salespeople – most of whom have been with the company ten years or more. A particular concern for Mr. Deutsch is how to help his salespeople to self-actualize. In terms of Maslow’s Need Theory, which of the following approaches would be most appropriate to bring about sales force self-actualization?
A. Provide a balances package of fringe benefits for the salespeople.
B. Call regular sales meetings, make frequent telephone calls to individual salespeople, visit salespeople in the field, and distribute a newsletter.
C. Provide promotional opportunities and public recognition for superior achievements.
D. Provide creative work experience, freedom, advanced education courses, and self-development workshops as well as greater job control for the salespeople.
20.When salespeople achieve or surpass a specified sales quota, they are often given a monetary bonus and/or special recognition to reward them for their performance as well as to motivate them to continue. This is/These are known as:
B. intrinsic rewards.
C. non-financial incentives.
D. an incentive program.
21._________ sales meetings are considered the backbone of the communication system and usually give salespeople the greatest support.
22.The maturity/maintenance stage is characterized by the affected employee’s:
A. disengagement from work.
B. searching for a comfortable position.
C. seeking stabilization in occupation.
D. greater commitment to the firm.
The fourth step in developing the compensation plan for a sales force is to:
A. develop the compensation mix.
B. establish specific objectives.
C. prepare job descriptions.
D. determine general levels of compensation.
Which of the following trends in sales compensation focuses on customer satisfaction and relationship building?
A. Signing bonuses
C. Tying sales compensation to productivity
D. Blending sales-oriented goals with organizational goals
Why Choose Us
We value our clients. For this reason, we ensure that each paper is written carefully as per the instructions provided by the client. Our editing team also checks all the papers to ensure that they have been completed as per the expectations.
Professional Academic Writers
Over the years, MyEssay.Help has managed to secure the most qualified, reliable and experienced team of writers. The company has also ensured continued training and development of the team members to ensure that it keep up with the rising Academic Trends.
Our prices are fairly priced in such a way that ensures affordability. Additionally, you can get a free price quotation by clicking on the "Place Order" button.
We pay strict attention on deadlines. For this reason, we ensure that all papers are submitted earlier, even before the deadline indicated by the customer. For this reason, the client can go through the work and review everything.
At MyEssay.help, all papers are plagiarism-free as they are written from scratch. We have taken strict measures to ensure that there is no similarity on all papers and that citations are included as per the standards set.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support team is readily available to provide any guidance/help on our platform at any time of the day/night. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: email@example.com.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
MyEssay.help has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At MyEssay.help, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.