The Acme Company has its European subsidiary based in the Euro zone. The subsidiary must solve a series of five problems that require you to apply the concept of “time value of money,” or TVM. The five problems are listed below. Solving them will require the use of Microsoft Excel. Before you begin your work, each student is to select a unique nine-digit random number that contains no zeros, no “patterns,” and should use most of the digits between one and nine. This value will be referred to as the student unique number (SUN). Further, digits within the SUN are read from left to right. For example, if the SUN = 123456789, the first digit = 1, the second digit = 2, etc. You are not authorized to use 123456789. To generate a random whole number between 1 and 9, use this excel formula:
When you have generated these 9 digits, paste them back onto themselves using the Paste Values option of the Paste command. Please note that the interest rate used in all questions represents an annual rate and all Euro figures are in whole Euros (not Euros and cents).
1. Acme plans to construct a new manufacturing facility in 14 years. If Acme estimates that today’s cost of the new plant is SUN Euros (use all 9 digits) and annual inflation is A% (A = the first digit of SUN), how much will the manufacturing plant cost in 14 years? Give a detailed explanation on your calculations.
2. Acme has decided to establish a sinking fund for its outstanding preferred stock issue. SUN (use all 9 digits) represents the amount of the issue that will be retired in 26 years. At the beginning of each of these 26 years, Acme will deposit an equal amount into an account that earns B% (B = the second digit of SUN). What is the value of this periodic deposit? Give a detailed explanation on your calculations.
3. One of Acme’s new projects will generate the following cash flows at the end of each of the stated years: year 2 = SUN digits 1-3; year 4 = SUN digits 4-6; year 7 = SUN digits 7-9. If these cash flows are discounted at 12%, what is the sum of their present values? Give a detailed explanation on your calculations.
4. Acme is assessing its employee pension fund. At the end of each of the next 25 years Acme will have to pay its retirees (use the first 4 digits of your SUN). If the fund is estimated to earn D% (D = the fourth digit of SUN), how much does Acme need to have set aside today to ensure that it can meet its future obligations? (At the end of the 25th year, the balance should be drawn down to zero.) Give a detailed explanation on your calculations.
5. As part of a new labor contract, Acme has agreed to make a one-time contribution of Euros 1,000,000 to the construction of a new physical fitness facility for its employees. This amount will be placed in an account earning E% (E = the fifth digit of SUN). When the account grows to Euros 1,850,000, construction will commence. How long must employees wait until construction of their new gym begins? (Your answer should be accurate to two decimal places, e.g., 1.57 years). Give a detailed explanation on your calculations.
Prepare for Acme’s CFO an analysis that contains solutions for all five problems. Be sure to clearly present and label all values and variables, provide Excel TVM formulas, and conclude each question with a detailed interpretation of your results. Your entire submission must be contained within an Excel document. (Note: You must use Excel TVM functions to complete this assignment; using a hand calculator or Web site and plugging values into a template is not acceptable.) Note: The books of the subsidiary being held in Euros, the exchange rate Euro/US dollars has no influence on the result of the exercise.
Why Choose Us
We value our clients. For this reason, we ensure that each paper is written carefully as per the instructions provided by the client. Our editing team also checks all the papers to ensure that they have been completed as per the expectations.
Professional Academic Writers
Over the years, MyEssay.Help has managed to secure the most qualified, reliable and experienced team of writers. The company has also ensured continued training and development of the team members to ensure that it keep up with the rising Academic Trends.
Our prices are fairly priced in such a way that ensures affordability. Additionally, you can get a free price quotation by clicking on the "Place Order" button.
We pay strict attention on deadlines. For this reason, we ensure that all papers are submitted earlier, even before the deadline indicated by the customer. For this reason, the client can go through the work and review everything.
At MyEssay.help, all papers are plagiarism-free as they are written from scratch. We have taken strict measures to ensure that there is no similarity on all papers and that citations are included as per the standards set.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support team is readily available to provide any guidance/help on our platform at any time of the day/night. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: email@example.com.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
MyEssay.help has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At MyEssay.help, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.