MBA Managerial Finance Final
1. Mr. Brown invested in gold U.S. coins ten years ago, paying $216.53 for one-ounce gold “double eagle” coins. He could sell these coins for $734 today. What was his annual rate of return for this investment?
2. Cecil Young is planning for her golden years. She will retire in 20 years, at which time she plans to begin withdrawing $60,000 annually. She is expected to live for 20 years following her retirement. Her financial advisor thinks she can earn 9% annually. How much does she need to invest each year to prepare for her financial needs after her retirement?
3. Justify the historic ranking of returns for the following three categories of investment, listed from highest to lowest return: common stocks, long-term Treasury bonds, and Treasury bills.
4. How much is an investor’s tolerance for risk worth over a long horizon? Calculate the difference in accumulation in real terms for an investor who initially invests $25,000 and ignores it for 20 years in either a long-term Treasury bond portfolio or a portfolio of diversified common stocks. Assume the historic real returns of 2.1% annually for bonds and 9.3% for common stocks.
5. In your words, discuss the capital asset pricing model in general, including the method of determining expected returns.
6. Where will the following projects plot in relation to the security market line if the risk-free rate is 6% and the market risk premium is 9%? Which projects should be undertaken?
7. Preferred stock of financially strong firms sometimes sell at lower yields than the bonds of those firms. For weaker firms, the preferred stock has a higher yield. What might explain this pattern?
8. Why does the SEC deem it necessary to require the issuance of a prospectus prior to security issuance?
1 Baker University
MBA Managerial Finance,
March 11 through May 6, 2014
MBA Managerial Finance Final
9. XYZ Corporation has received a firm commitment from its underwriter to purchase 1 million shares of stock that will be marketed to the general public at $23 per share. The underwriter’s spread is $1.90 per share and the issuing firm will pay an additional $1.65 million in legal and other fees. The issue was fully sold on the first day and the stock closed at $27.50 on that day. Calculate both the direct expense of issuance and the indirect (i.e., underpricing) expense. What percentage of the market value of the shares is represented by these costs?
10. Smith Foods Corp. has 650,000 shares outstanding. General Grocery, one of its subsidiaries, is disgusted with current management practices and is trying to get some of its own people elected to the board of directors. There are twelve directors, and General Grocery owns 60,000 shares.
a) Under cumulative voting, how many directors can General Grocery elect?
b) How many shares will General Grocery have to acquire in order to elect seven directors?
11. Fritz Corporation has 800,000 shares of preferred stock and 1,800,000 shares of common stock. The cumulative preferred stock has a stated dividend of $1.75 per share. Under normal conditions, Fritz pays out preferred dividends and 30% of remaining earnings to common stockholders, however, because of a severe recession, Fritz retained all earnings last year. This year, Fritz earned net income of $5 million. Calculate the dividend per share to be received by the common stockholders this year.
12. In your own words, how are the gains from mergers distributed between the shareholders of the acquired and acquiring firms?
13. In your own words, describe the basic differences between mergers, leveraged buyouts, management buyouts, divestitures, and spin-offs. Examples would help, also.
14. Assume PPP holds at a time when the exchange rate is €1.75/$ and a market basket of goods costs €500. How many dollars would you expect to spend on the goods? Germany is expecting 10% inflation while the United States is expecting 4% inflation. What would you predict to happen to exchange rates?
15. What is the international Fisher effect and how would you test it, knowing that 6% inflation is expected in the United States but only 3% is expected in Spain. The nominal U.S. interest rate is 9%.
Why Choose Us
We value our clients. For this reason, we ensure that each paper is written carefully as per the instructions provided by the client. Our editing team also checks all the papers to ensure that they have been completed as per the expectations.
Professional Academic Writers
Over the years, MyEssay.Help has managed to secure the most qualified, reliable and experienced team of writers. The company has also ensured continued training and development of the team members to ensure that it keep up with the rising Academic Trends.
Our prices are fairly priced in such a way that ensures affordability. Additionally, you can get a free price quotation by clicking on the "Place Order" button.
We pay strict attention on deadlines. For this reason, we ensure that all papers are submitted earlier, even before the deadline indicated by the customer. For this reason, the client can go through the work and review everything.
At MyEssay.help, all papers are plagiarism-free as they are written from scratch. We have taken strict measures to ensure that there is no similarity on all papers and that citations are included as per the standards set.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support team is readily available to provide any guidance/help on our platform at any time of the day/night. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
MyEssay.help has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At MyEssay.help, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.