SUBDOMAIN 319.1 – ACCOUNTING & FINANCE
SUBDOMAIN 319.2 – INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Competency 319.1.3 Capital Budgeting Analysis – The graduate correctly applies time value of money techniques and techniques that ignore present value for capital investment
Competency 319.2.1 Technology Tools – The graduate uses information technology tools for specified business purposes.
Competency 319.2.5 Information Management – The graduate selects appropriate technology applications to manage information and make decisions in given situations.
319.1.3-01: Calculate net present value based on a given set of facts.
319.1.3-02: Apply the results of a net present value calculation to a given decision situation.
319.1.3-03: Calculate internal rate of return based on a given set of facts.
319.1.3-04: Apply the results of an internal rate of return calculation to a given decision situation.
319.1.3-05: Calculate the period of time required to recoup the money expended for new equipment in a given situation.
319.1.3-06: Calculate the accounting rate of return based on a given set of facts.
319.1.3-07: Explain the relationship of the accounting rate of return to the internal rate of return for the same capital investment alternative.
319.1.3-08: Calculate net cash flow in a given situation.
319.1.3-09: Explain the impact of depreciation on net cash flow.
319.1.3-10: Explain the role of the weighted average cost of capital in capital budgeting analysis.
319.2.1-04: Produce a computer-based presentation on a business topic.
319.2.5-05: Demonstrate the appropriate use of specified software application in a given situation.
It is imperative that you enter your first initial and last name in the fields designated on the template. Your work will not be correctly graded if you fail to complete these fields.
Entrepreneur D supplements income from a professional practice by investing in start-up and other business opportunities that meet specific investment criteria. Entrepreneur D operates all of these extra business activities as a single limited liability company and
utilizes discounted cash flow analysis as a primary tool for evaluating each potential investment. There is an opportunity to purchase the patent for a newly invented gardening tool that Entrepreneur D would manufacture and sell on a wholesale basis. Entrepreneur D has asked you to prepare an analysis of this investment opportunity and make a
recommendation regarding the course of action to take.
Entrepreneur D plans to retire from professional practice and cease all business activities nine years from now. The plan for the garden tool is to produce and sell it for eight years and then sell the patent and production rights to a national company. Entrepreneur D has negotiated a tentative lease on a building that is well suited for this manufacturing process.
The building must be remodeled to meet manufacturing needs, and then it must be restored to its original configuration at the end of the eight-year lease. At that time Entrepreneur D will be able to sell some of the non-specialized equipment (e.g., forklifts) for small salvage
• Building remodeling and new equipment purchases will require a front-end investment. The remodeling and equipment costs will be capitalized and depreciated over the eight-year period as one depreciation calculation using straight line depreciation. Realizable salvage value from disposing of the equipment at the end of eight years is estimated at approximately $60,000. There is no salvage value for the remodeling improvements. This number is given on the template when you enter your first initial.
• Additional working capital will be required for business operations. This number is given on the template when you enter your first initial.
• Estimated annual cash receipts from tool sales are predicted for the eight years of expected operations. These numbers are given on the template when you enter your
• Estimated cash expenses for materials, salaries, supplies, utilities, and other cash expenses are projected for each of the eight years of expected operations. These
numbers are given on the template when you enter your first initial.
• There is an expected cost of restoring the building to its original configuration at the end of the expected eight years of operation. This number is given on the template
when you enter your first initial.
The working capital tied up in this project will become available for other types of investments at the end of the eight-year period.
Entrepreneur D has asked you to assume a 12% applicable weighted average cost of capital.
Entrepreneur D has also asked you to assume a combined federal and state income tax rate. This number is given on the template when you enter your first initial.
A. Complete the attached “Capital Budgeting Template” by doing the following:
1. Calculate the net cash flow that should be used for each year in the discounted cash flow analysis.
2. Calculate the net present value (NPV) of this project using a discount rate equal to the company’s weighted average cost of capital. Round all dollar amounts to the
nearest whole dollar.
3. Calculate the expected yield on the project using the discounted cash flow internal rate of return (IRR) method. Round all dollar amounts to the nearest whole dollar.
4. Calculate the accounting rate of return for this project.
5. Calculate the unadjusted payback period. State your answers in years and months.
B. Prepare a computer-based presentation in which you do the following:
1. Identify what the correct net cash flow for the second year would be if all cash expenses were as described in the scenario but there were no depreciation expense.
a. Explain the impact of depreciation on net cash flow for the second year.
2. Based upon your NPV analysis in part A2, make a recommendation to Person K regarding what decision to make.
a. Explain why this is an appropriate action.
3. Based upon your IRR analysis in part A3, make a recommendation to Person K regarding what decision to make.
a. Explain why this is an appropriate action.
4. Explain why the accounting rate of return on this project is different from the internal rate of return for the same capital investment.
5. Explain the relative significance of the unadjusted payback period in this decision situation.
6. Explain how the weighted average cost of capital should be used in capital budgeting analysis when utilizing the NPV method.
7. Explain how the weighted average cost of capital should be used in capital budgeting analysis when utilizing the IRR method.
C. If you choose to use outside sources, include all in-text citations and references in APA format.
Why Choose Us
We value our clients. For this reason, we ensure that each paper is written carefully as per the instructions provided by the client. Our editing team also checks all the papers to ensure that they have been completed as per the expectations.
Professional Academic Writers
Over the years, MyEssay.Help has managed to secure the most qualified, reliable and experienced team of writers. The company has also ensured continued training and development of the team members to ensure that it keep up with the rising Academic Trends.
Our prices are fairly priced in such a way that ensures affordability. Additionally, you can get a free price quotation by clicking on the "Place Order" button.
We pay strict attention on deadlines. For this reason, we ensure that all papers are submitted earlier, even before the deadline indicated by the customer. For this reason, the client can go through the work and review everything.
At MyEssay.help, all papers are plagiarism-free as they are written from scratch. We have taken strict measures to ensure that there is no similarity on all papers and that citations are included as per the standards set.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support team is readily available to provide any guidance/help on our platform at any time of the day/night. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
MyEssay.help has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At MyEssay.help, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.