Assignment 3: Gang Prevention Continuum
Due Week 9
A number of states and city government have passed criminal laws to regulate gang behavior. In some places, it’s a crime to participate in a gang. Some statutes and ordinances have stiffened the penalties for crimes committed by gang members. Others make it a crime to encourage minors to participate in gangs. Some have applied organized crime statues to gangs. A few have even punished parents for their children’s gang activities. Cities have also passed ordinances banning gang members from certain public places, particularly city parks.
A small juvenile gang composed of no more than 20 members has been active in the community recently. Their members have been linked to drug sales, assaults, thefts and graffiti. The gang is multi-racial and appears to be led by a slightly older person, who is about 20 years of age. As a gang suppression officer with your local police department, what approach would you take to reduce or eliminate these gang problems?
Write a four to six (4-6) page paper in which you create an ordinance to be presented to City Council for adoption following these instructions:
1. Write a detailed description of at least five (5) alternatives to joining gangs. Next of the five (5) alternatives you proposed which alternative do you believe is the best in keeping individuals from joining a gang? Justify your response.
2. Write a detailed description of two (2) laws you want passed for prosecuting juveniles for joining a gang in your city. Justify your rationale for the creation of these laws.
3. Define three (3) consequences of being arrested for crimes committed while in a gang. In your opinion which of your listed consequences do you believe has the most impact on an individual’s life? Provide support for your response.
4. Suggest five (5) long-term impacts of joining a gang. Of the five (5) long-term effects of joining a gang which impact do you believe has the most impact on an individual’s future? Provide support for your response.
5. Propose three (3) reasons why your new ordinance will be successful. Suggest two (2) perceptions the public may have with the creation and enactment of your new ordinance. Justify your response.
6. Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
· Typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
· Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
· Include a reference page. Citations and references must follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.
Why Choose Us
We value our clients. For this reason, we ensure that each paper is written carefully as per the instructions provided by the client. Our editing team also checks all the papers to ensure that they have been completed as per the expectations.
Professional Academic Writers
Over the years, MyEssay.Help has managed to secure the most qualified, reliable and experienced team of writers. The company has also ensured continued training and development of the team members to ensure that it keep up with the rising Academic Trends.
Our prices are fairly priced in such a way that ensures affordability. Additionally, you can get a free price quotation by clicking on the "Place Order" button.
We pay strict attention on deadlines. For this reason, we ensure that all papers are submitted earlier, even before the deadline indicated by the customer. For this reason, the client can go through the work and review everything.
At MyEssay.help, all papers are plagiarism-free as they are written from scratch. We have taken strict measures to ensure that there is no similarity on all papers and that citations are included as per the standards set.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support team is readily available to provide any guidance/help on our platform at any time of the day/night. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
MyEssay.help has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At MyEssay.help, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.