Objective: Write a 2-3 page college-level paper in APA format, in which you analyze one scientific, peer-reviewed article in the discipline of psychology and discuss how the results of the study may benefit the surrounding community and/or society as a whole.
· Article topics must be selected from topics within the discipline of psychology.
· Anything from Chapters 1-17
The journal article…
· must be current (no earlier than January, 2009)
· must come from professional, scientific journals.
· must be a research article (MUST HAVE SECTIONS LABELED “METHODS”, “RESULTS” & “DISCUSSION”)
· Specific guidelines are listed on the next page.
· Any further details will be provided by your instructor.
· You must use APA format. The format directions can be found on the following web site: http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/
· APA format requirements include a cover page, reference page, in-text citations, etc. (*you do not need an abstract page for this paper.)
· PLAGIARISM WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. All information must be stated in your own words.
HOW TO TURN THIS IN & DUE DATE
· Each student must turn in their critique and a complete copy of the journal article to receive credit.
· All critiques will be submitted electronically in Blackboard (Turn It In). More details will be provided by your instructor.
· The due date will be provided by your instructor.
· Introduction: 10 points
· Main Body: 40 points
· Summary/Conclusion: 50 points
· *Students will lose points for not following APA style (cap 10 points)
· *Students will lose one point for EACH grammar/spelling error. (cap 20 points)
STRUCTURE OF JOURNAL ARTICLE CRITIQUE
· Introduction (10 points) (PURPOSE: to educate the reader on the topic/concept)
o will define topic and other key terms
o will include symptoms, statistics of occurrence and current information in the field
· Main body (40 points) (PURPOSE: to explain the research conducted in the article)
o will state what you found in the journal article
§ HYPOTHESIS or PURPOSE:
· What were the researchers trying to discover (i.e. what was the hypothesis or purpose)?
o This is usually found at the beginning of the article. Usually the hypothesis or statement of a problem appears at the end of the review of the literature, most often in the last or next to last paragraph. The words that indicate that it is a hypothesis are, “We will examine. . .” or “Our hypothesis is . . .” In a statement of a problem, the researcher may say, “We plan to see if a relationship…,” “We proposed to observe…,” or “The problem we proposed to study…” (You must use your own words—do NOT use quotes).
· How was the research conducted (research design or type of study)?
o Is the research descriptive (case study, naturalistic observation, laboratory observations, surveys, tests), correlation, experimental, or developmental? For more information on research methods, refer to chapter 1 of your text.
· When and where the research was conducted?
· How long did the study take?
· Who were the participants? (number [N], age, sex, criteria to be a part of study)?
· What did the researchers actually find in relation to their hypothesis/purpose?
o ARTICLE MAY STATE: The researchers found that . . .
· What limitations did the researchers reveal?
· Summary/conclusion (50 points) (PURPOSE: to show critical thinking in regards to the research)
o How does the information in the article integrate with information from class discussion, the text, and/or other information in the discipline?
§ TIP: It is a good idea to use the subject index in your text to look up the topic in your text.
o What is your opinion of the research findings?
§ EXAMPLE: was this research well done or not and why?
o Why is this topic/research important? (relevance/benefits to community and/or society)
§ EXAMPLE: A conclusion to a study that suggests a new therapy/treatment for children with ADHD might help the child struggling to perform successfully in school, which then improves her confidence, her relationship with her parents, siblings, and classmates. Write about the implications of this new treatment.
o In what ways does this topic relate to your own personal experience and how is your experience in agreement or disagreement with the outcome of this study?
o How has your opinion of this topic changed since your review of the study?
LINK TO ARTICLE DOWN BELOW
Why Choose Us
We value our clients. For this reason, we ensure that each paper is written carefully as per the instructions provided by the client. Our editing team also checks all the papers to ensure that they have been completed as per the expectations.
Professional Academic Writers
Over the years, MyEssay.Help has managed to secure the most qualified, reliable and experienced team of writers. The company has also ensured continued training and development of the team members to ensure that it keep up with the rising Academic Trends.
Our prices are fairly priced in such a way that ensures affordability. Additionally, you can get a free price quotation by clicking on the "Place Order" button.
We pay strict attention on deadlines. For this reason, we ensure that all papers are submitted earlier, even before the deadline indicated by the customer. For this reason, the client can go through the work and review everything.
At MyEssay.help, all papers are plagiarism-free as they are written from scratch. We have taken strict measures to ensure that there is no similarity on all papers and that citations are included as per the standards set.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support team is readily available to provide any guidance/help on our platform at any time of the day/night. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: email@example.com.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
MyEssay.help has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At MyEssay.help, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.