1. Which one of the following statements about accrual accounting is incorrect?
a. It is appropriate for the not-for-profit sector
b. Revenues are not deferred
c. Expenses can be deferred
d. It is not appropriate for larger companies
2. Skywire telecommunications equipment company has invested heavily in the past fiscal year to upgrade its manufacturing equipment so that the company can take advantage of newer and more efficient technology. In Skywire’s year-end income statement, the upgrade expenditure is presented as:
a. Cost of goods sold
b. Operating Expense
c. Depreciation Expense
d. Interest Expense
3. Which one of the following would be recorded as a liability on your company’s balance sheet?
a. Wages paid to the staff at the distribution plant
b. Purchase price of the plant’s forklist trucks
c. The inventory at the plant
d. The company’s working capital
4. Gerry is chief financial officer of Worldwide Semiconductor. In reviewing World wide’s latest cash flow projections, he learns that cash is going to be tight. In seeking ways to revamp operations to improve future cash flow, Gerry asks a senior manager to assemble relevant financial reports and statements. Later, he notices that one of the documents sent to him is not appropriate for his requirements. Which item is not useful to him?
a. Information on a division’s inventory
b. Information on all equipment purchases
c. Profit-and-loss statement
d. Information on stock issues and dividends
5. Geordie is head of operations for a bulk-food and consumer-goods retail company. When he returns to work from a vacation, he wants to acquaint himself with the company’s current financial; position. Which financial statement should Geordie look at?
a. Income Statement
b. Cash flow statement
c. Balance Sheet
d. SWOT analysis
6. James is North American sales director for a warehpuse-style clothing and office-supply retailer. James relies on the fast sales of his limited number of products to maintain his low prices and sustain a healthy cash flow. Which of the following operating ratios is most useful to James?
a. Asset turnover
b. Days inventory
c. Days Payables
d. Quick ratio
7. A retreat of departmental managers to sort out conflicts that arise from competition over limited resources could occur as part of…
a. Bottom-up budgeting
b. SWOT analysis
c. Top-down budgeting
8. Which of the following scenarios illustrates a best practice for preparing a budget?
a. Derek is research manager for Global Discoveries. In preparing his department’s budget, Derek finds it useful to work in the evening, free of distracting interactions with colleagues.
b. Bonnie has a filed entitles “Budget Diary.” Where she stores paperwork pertaining to her budget deliberations and assumptions
c. Ira plans to boost sales by reducing the retail price to its lowest level ever. Beacause the new price is substantially lower than last year’s, Ira decides not to base his budgetary assumptions and scenario’s on last year’s sales results.
d. In order to develop sound budgetary assumptions and projections, Wolfgang, a senior production manager at Mississauga Advertising, relies on his own extensive industry knowledge rather than depending on input from less experienced workers and subordinates.
9. The facility manager of Grand Auto Manufacturing is considering re-equipping the New Jersey assembly plant. The $90 million cost will produce an annual savings of $15 million over the eight-year expected lifetime of the machines. What is the payback period?
a. Two years
b. Three years
c. Six years
d. Nine years
10. When you evaluate a potential investment you need to get a more realistic picture of the anticipated benefits. Which of the following would you use to calculate the time value of money?
a. Payback period
b. Net present value
c. Return on investment
d. Cost/benefit analysis
11. As chief executive officer of Giant Chemical Corp., Manfred is contemplating acquiring a company that manufactures artificial he art valves and hip joints. To reach his decision, Manfred undertakes a breakeven analysis. Which of the following determinations represents the contribution portion of his analysis?
a. Money that can be used to pay the fixed costs.
b. Costs that are in dependent of product sales
c. Opportunity Cost
d. Variable costs
12. As a financial officer with an aircraft manufacturer, Rob begins tracking the financial performance of a new model of business jet. He notes an increase in equipment failure on the new assembly line in March. When the situation has not improved by June, Rob redirects funds available for other assembly lines towards the new jet’s assembly line. When Rob issues the next quarterly budget in September showing a decrease in expected performance of the new assembly line, senior managers express concerns. What is the likely reason behind senior management’s reaction? Rob failed to…
a. Ascertain whether the line problem was an aberration or a long-term issue.
b. Readjust his budget in light of new information.
c. Communicate with upper management
d. Regularly reassess the budget forecast
Why Choose Us
We value our clients. For this reason, we ensure that each paper is written carefully as per the instructions provided by the client. Our editing team also checks all the papers to ensure that they have been completed as per the expectations.
Professional Academic Writers
Over the years, MyEssay.Help has managed to secure the most qualified, reliable and experienced team of writers. The company has also ensured continued training and development of the team members to ensure that it keep up with the rising Academic Trends.
Our prices are fairly priced in such a way that ensures affordability. Additionally, you can get a free price quotation by clicking on the "Place Order" button.
We pay strict attention on deadlines. For this reason, we ensure that all papers are submitted earlier, even before the deadline indicated by the customer. For this reason, the client can go through the work and review everything.
At MyEssay.help, all papers are plagiarism-free as they are written from scratch. We have taken strict measures to ensure that there is no similarity on all papers and that citations are included as per the standards set.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support team is readily available to provide any guidance/help on our platform at any time of the day/night. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
MyEssay.help has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At MyEssay.help, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.