Module 6 Essay Review Questions
Read Buchbinder, chapter 15.
Answer the Discussion Questions on pages 531-532 (questions 1-12) of your text in essay format.
Use a minimum of 2 scholarly sources listed in APA format. See attached tutorial for assistance with APA.
1. Provide several examples of legal behavior and ethical behavior. In whatinstances are the two similar, and in what instances are they different?
2. H ow do the legal concepts discussed in this chapter, that is, criminal, tort, civil, and so on, work to dictate the ways in which organizations must operate?
3. As you think about the new health care reform bill, what type of lawmakingaction instituted it? In other words, was it developed from the common law, executive order, or legislative process? W as this the best way to institute the new reform? E xplain your answer.
4. T hink of several examples of both ethical and legal circumstances where you can apply the concepts of beneficence and nonmaleficence. H ow do these concepts work within your examples to provide protection to both the organization and the patient?
5. T here are numerous end-of-life issues that we have all heard about in thenews, but how are these laws established? Is it okay for a patient and provider to make these decisions on their own, outside of the law? Aren’t these privileged physician–patient decisions?
6. W hat do you see for the future of health care reform as the law applies? W illhealth care reform spawn new laws, or will new laws be enacted to guide reform?
7. R eturn to the tort section in your text and answer the following questionbased on the information provided by the chapter. Is reporting child abuse a legal obligation or an ethical one? D oes it matter what your position is within the organization, i.e., nurse, manager, clerk, and so on? W hat if you find out about child abuse from a patient encounter, but the law does not allow you to report from the official record? D o you have an ethical obligation to do so?
8. L ook back at T able 15-2 and try to determine where tort and contract law come together and in what areas there may be conflict between law and ethics. E xplain your thinking and final decisions.
9. In thinking about biomedical issues, address the following questions: H ow dowe decide which patient will receive an organ transplant? C an we be positive that a particular combination of genetics, age, demographics, and lifestyle factors will enable one person to have a longer and more productive life than another? Should we be influenced by the available level of family support, or by the family’s need to be involved in a relative’s care? H ow can a health care organization best reflect the ethical preferences of its community while abiding by the law? Should the ability to have care reimbursed affect the decision to provide it?
10. W hy have “R ight to T ry” laws been more successful than right to die laws?
11. Is an expansion of E MT AL A policies better or worse for patients?
12. Stephen H awking, the world-renowned physicist, and occasional guest staron a popular comedy T V show was diagnosed with motor neuron disease in
1963 at the age of 21 and was given two years to live
(http://www.hawking.org.uk/). A scientific genius with a literary flair and a wicked sense of humor, he has survived and thrived despite what physicians told him. W hich ethical principles do you hypothesize his specialists were following when they advised him and his young wife to get his affairs in order?
Why Choose Us
We value our clients. For this reason, we ensure that each paper is written carefully as per the instructions provided by the client. Our editing team also checks all the papers to ensure that they have been completed as per the expectations.
Professional Academic Writers
Over the years, MyEssay.Help has managed to secure the most qualified, reliable and experienced team of writers. The company has also ensured continued training and development of the team members to ensure that it keep up with the rising Academic Trends.
Our prices are fairly priced in such a way that ensures affordability. Additionally, you can get a free price quotation by clicking on the "Place Order" button.
We pay strict attention on deadlines. For this reason, we ensure that all papers are submitted earlier, even before the deadline indicated by the customer. For this reason, the client can go through the work and review everything.
At MyEssay.help, all papers are plagiarism-free as they are written from scratch. We have taken strict measures to ensure that there is no similarity on all papers and that citations are included as per the standards set.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support team is readily available to provide any guidance/help on our platform at any time of the day/night. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: email@example.com.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
MyEssay.help has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At MyEssay.help, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.