Art history as an academic discipline is a scholarly, interdisciplinary, research-based activity. The purpose of this assignment is to introduce you to recent art historical research and writing, prompting you to engage in a close, critical reading of an academic article or book chapter in order to decipher what the author is arguing and to critique how the evidence and methodologies is used. In each article or essay, familiar and unfamiliar paintings, sculptures, and other subjects are interpreted and re-interpreted within the context of an ongoing and ever-changing academic discourse.
Write an approximately five-page, double-spaced paper that critically examines the argument of one of the art historical writings listed below. Your essay should address the following qualities of the article:
· In your own words—and avoiding extensive quotations—summarize the main thesis or argument of your selected reading.
· What are the main points made by the author, and what kinds of evidence (other artworks, literature, poetry, documents, etc.) are used? How does the author go about supporting or proving their points? Be specific in outlining the specific visual and literary comparisons that are made to support the author’s argument?
· In the process of your close, critical evaluation, assess the quality of the argument. How successfully does the author make his or her point? Do the premises logically lead to the article’s conclusion? Overall, do you think the author’s approach is effective? Explain.
· Finally, provide a brief summary of how reading the selected text affected your understanding of the practice of art history, and how the methods used by the author relate to your own preconceptions and changing ideas about art history.
Articles for your paper:
Stephen J. Campbell, “Naturalism and the Venetian Poesia: Grafting, Metaphor and Embodiment in Giorgione, Titian and the Campagnolas.” In Subject as Aporia in Italian Renaissance Art eds. Lorenzo Pericolo and Alexander Nagel. Brookfield, VT, Ashgate Press, 2009.
· Your paper should be typed, double-spaced, with one-inch margins on the top, bottom, and sides. Use a 12-point serif typeface (Times New Roman or similar typeface is recommended). The required length does not include the title, your name, illustrations, notes, or other additional information.
· Your paper must have a title that effectively introduces the topic. Be inventive!
Why Choose Us
We value our clients. For this reason, we ensure that each paper is written carefully as per the instructions provided by the client. Our editing team also checks all the papers to ensure that they have been completed as per the expectations.
Professional Academic Writers
Over the years, MyEssay.Help has managed to secure the most qualified, reliable and experienced team of writers. The company has also ensured continued training and development of the team members to ensure that it keep up with the rising Academic Trends.
Our prices are fairly priced in such a way that ensures affordability. Additionally, you can get a free price quotation by clicking on the "Place Order" button.
We pay strict attention on deadlines. For this reason, we ensure that all papers are submitted earlier, even before the deadline indicated by the customer. For this reason, the client can go through the work and review everything.
At MyEssay.help, all papers are plagiarism-free as they are written from scratch. We have taken strict measures to ensure that there is no similarity on all papers and that citations are included as per the standards set.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support team is readily available to provide any guidance/help on our platform at any time of the day/night. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: email@example.com.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
MyEssay.help has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At MyEssay.help, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.