History 20600 Modern Europe
Assignment 2 — Early Socialism/Late 19th Century
Answer each question is a short-answer format of about four to six sentences (do not use bullet points or sentence-fragments)
Answer the questions below on Etienne Cabet’s Voyage in Icarie of 1842
E. Cabet, Voyage in Icarie, 1840
1. Identify two examples of Etienne Cabet’s urban planning for his ideal city as described in Voyage in Icarie.
2. Identify an example of the provisions for public health and hygiene described by Cabet in his ideal community.
3. Identify an example of the provisions for public art and items of beauty described by Cabet in his ideal community.
4. According to Cabet’s ideal community, how would good morals be promoted by the community?
Answer each of the questions below on Karl Marx’s analysis of the causes of the U. S. Civil War
Karl Marx, The North American Civil War, the October 1861 article only not the entire pdf file.
5. Why does Karl Marx in his article The North American Civil War of October, 1861 claim that the mainstream British press falsely describe that war as conflict over free-trade vs. protectionist economic policy?
6. What proof does Marx offer for his claim that the true goal of the Confederacy was the maintenance of a system of slavery, rather than the British press’ claim that the Civil War was about the Southerner’s desire for independence from Northern domination?
7. Briefly identify why according to Marx’s analysis, attempts to spread slavery into new territories resulted in the formation of the Republican Party in the 1850s to resist slavery’s expansion.
8. Why according to Marx’s analysis of the economics of slave-based production was it essential that slave-holder try to expand slavery into new territories?
9. Why according to Marx’s analysis of the politics of the U.S. before the Civil War was it essential that the slave states maintain an equal number of slave and free states within the Union?
10. Why according to Marx’s analysis was is essential for the internal social stability of the South that slavery expand into new territories?
11. Why according to Marx was the Republican Party’s platform of merely limiting slavery to where it already existed rather than abolishing it was nonetheless a fundamental threat to Southern slavery and the slave economy?
The questions below are based on Edward Berenson’s Chapters 8 and 9 in his Europe in the Modern World
12. Briefly discuss how Otto von Bismarck in late 19th century Germany combined aristocratic, authoritarian rule with progressive social policies.
13. Briefly identify how the advocates of imperialism defended their policies of overseas conquests in later 19thcentury Europe.
14. Briefly identify some factors that encouraged what Berenson calls “the flurry of inventions” in later 19th century Europe.
15. Briefly identify why the early stages of the First World War became bogged down in prolonged warfare instead of ending with a quick victory for one side or the other.
16. Briefly identify why popular support in 1914 for the First World War in the countries involved grew into protests and mutinies near the end of that war.
Why Choose Us
We value our clients. For this reason, we ensure that each paper is written carefully as per the instructions provided by the client. Our editing team also checks all the papers to ensure that they have been completed as per the expectations.
Professional Academic Writers
Over the years, MyEssay.Help has managed to secure the most qualified, reliable and experienced team of writers. The company has also ensured continued training and development of the team members to ensure that it keep up with the rising Academic Trends.
Our prices are fairly priced in such a way that ensures affordability. Additionally, you can get a free price quotation by clicking on the "Place Order" button.
We pay strict attention on deadlines. For this reason, we ensure that all papers are submitted earlier, even before the deadline indicated by the customer. For this reason, the client can go through the work and review everything.
At MyEssay.help, all papers are plagiarism-free as they are written from scratch. We have taken strict measures to ensure that there is no similarity on all papers and that citations are included as per the standards set.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support team is readily available to provide any guidance/help on our platform at any time of the day/night. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: email@example.com.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
MyEssay.help has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At MyEssay.help, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.