1. (TCO B) The original impetus of HMO development came from which of the following? (Points : 5)
Providers seeking patient revenues
Consumers seeking access to healthcare
All of the above
None of the above
Question 2. 2. (TCO A) Key common characteristics of PPOs include _____.
(Points : 5)
selected provider panels
negotiated payment rates
All of the above
A, B, and D only
Question 3. 3. (TCO B) Managed care is best described as _____.
(Points : 5)
an insurance company that provides health services
a broad and constantly changing array of health plans that attempt to manage both cost and quality of care
an inexpensive form of payment for health services
Question 4. 4. (TCO D) Carve-outs within a capitation contract can be defined as _____.
(Points : 5)
stop-loss reinsurance provisions
risk/bonus arrangements within capitation
services billable outside of a capitation payment
per diem rates
Question 5. 5. (TCO B) Which of the following forms of hospital reimbursement contain no elements of risk sharing by the hospital? (Points : 5)
Sliding scale FFS
Both C and D
Question 6. 6. (TCO C) Electronic prescribing offers which of the following potential outcomes? (Points : 5)
Increased physician and pharmacy efficiency, but no cost savings
Reduction in prescribing and dispense errors, but at a high member cost
Greater efficiency in the prescribing and dispensing process, as well as reduced medication-related errors
Lower costs and higher rate of medication errors
Question 7. 7. (TCO C) Which organization does not accredit managed behavioral healthcare companies? (Points : 5)
Council on Accreditation
American College of Mental Health Administration
Question 8. 8. (TCO C) Which of the following are components of a strong MCO prevention program? (Points : 5)
Services for members, such as health risk assessments
Contracts with providers
A and C only
A, B, C, and D
Question 9. 9. (TCO D) This federal law has established specific, enforceable regulations to help ensure the privacy and confidentiality of individual health information. (Points : 5)
Question 10. 10. (TCO D) The Health Plan Employer Data and Information Set (HEDIS) is a measurement tool used by about what percentage of all health plans. (Points : 5)
Question 11. 11. (TCO D) Which of the following does HIPAA regulate? (Points : 5)
Electronic communications between payors and providers
Portability and access standards
Guaranteed renewability of group coverage
All of the above
Question 12. 12. (TCO D) Which of the following payment issues should be covered in the managed care contract? (Points : 5)
The payment responsibilities for copayments
The payment responsibilities for uncovered services
The reconciliation to account for overpayments or underpayments
All of the above
1. (TCO G) Who are the customers of managed care
2. 2. (TCO G) Discuss ERISA preemption of state insurance laws and mandates. Discuss the implications of this preemption. (Points : 10)
3. Discuss when an employer would or would not choose to self-fund a health benefits plan for employees. (Points : 10)
4 How has the concept of value and healthcare for employers as well as employees evolved over the last few years? Use an example in discussing each perspective. (Points : 10)
5. (TCO E) What is the difference between accreditation and certification? (Points : 10)
6. How are premiums billed and received? (Points : 10)
1. (TCO G) The Administrative Simplification component of HIPAA addresses four issues of widespread importance to health plans. What is included under the administrative simplification portion of HIPAA. Why is it important to the healthcare industry? (Points : 30)
2. What is Medicare Part D? What impact has the Medicare Part D drug benefit had on the healthcare market? (Points : 30)
3. TCO E) Discuss the relationship between employee engagement and per employee health costs. (Points : 30)
4. TCO C) What is a hospitalist? What is their approach in inpatient care, and when is such an approach appropriate and when it is not?
5. (TCO C) Preventable diseases In the United States have both a human cost and an economic impact on society. Discuss the impact that the top five chronic diseases (heart disease, cancer, stroke, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, and diabetes) have had on the overall health status in the United States. (Points : 30)
(TCO G) Compare and contrast the impact (positive and negative) that older adults will have on health insurance, service access, cost, technology, and providers. (Points : 30)
Carla Thomas, a nonsmoker, often encouraged her co-workers to quit smoking. Her new manager, Paul, a smoker, was annoyed by what he considered her constant nagging. He moved her desk from a separate room with a window to a cubicle surrounded by smokers, who smoked all day. Paul refused Carla’s request to create a no-smoking area in the office and he refused her request to be moved back to the separate room. After four weeks of breathing secondhand smoke, Carla quit. What, if any, recourse does Carla have against her former employer? Explain the possible legal theories for recovery, if any…
2) Mary Smith was an employee of Thomas Contracts, a pipeline construction company. Mary was supervised by H.D. Thomas, son of the owner of the business. She became involved in an affair with Thomas, who was married. Thomas ended the affair and subsequently fired Mary based on her performance since the affair began. Mary filed a suit against Thomas Contracts, alleging that her discharge was due to gender discrimination, sex discrimination, and in violation of Title VII. Analyze and determine what important facts you would need to know in order to ascertain Mary’s likelihood of success here.
3) An ambulance service transports disabled individuals on a non-emergency basis. Jane was hired as a night dispatcher. She worked at home, and was required to be on duty to take calls for service from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 a.m., Monday through Thursday, and from 9:00 p.m. Friday to 7:00 a.m. on Monday. She was paid $550 per month. She was not given any special training, she was simply instructed how to fill in record sheets, and how to call the ambulance crew to notify them of the service request. Jane was free to engage in personal business as long as it did not interfere with the calls, and was able to leave her home as long as she made sure that someone was available to answer the phone.
The ambulance company claimed that Jane was an independent contractor and was exempt from the FLSA’s overtime and wage requirements. Jane filed suit to collect overtime and minimum wage back pay under the FLSA. Determine whether she will succeed. If you determine that she will succeed, explain the remedies available. Support your position with any applicable laws.
4) Generally, an employer must have a sound, work-related reason to require a current employee to submit to testing. However, even that might not be enough: If the test is too intrusive or delves too deeply into personal issues, it might unlawfully invade the employee’s right to privacy. If it makes you very uncomfortable or seems unrelated to your employer’s business interests, then you might be within your rights to cry foul. A federal law, the Employee Polygraph Protection Act (29 U.S.C. § 2001), ………………….
5.As per the case, the store manager, Jeff, is asking Frank to take the polygraph test. Frank communicates to Jeff that he has not stolen anything and asserts his rights of privay to not take the test. In this case, the Polygraph test is not too intrusive and doesn’t delve into Frank’s persoanl issues. Jeff and the company have a sound work-related reason to require Frank to submit to testing. So, this can’t be stated to be interfering with Frank’s’s right to privacy. It is in the business interest of company that such acts are not performed by any employee of the company. Even if Frank has not committed the said act, on the ground of business interest, Jeff has the right to ask for the Polygraph test to Frank. And Frank, in this case should have complied with this Jeff’s request. A federal law, the Employee Polygraph Protection Act (29 U.S.C. § 2001), prohibits most private employers from requiring their workers to submit to lie detector tests, with one exception and that is if the employer reasonably suspects of theft or embezzlement to take a polygraph test, if certain requirements are met. Aside from this limited exception, however, an employer may not require a current employee to take a lie detector test, use the results of any such test, or discipline or fire any employee who refuses to take one.
6. 39 year old jim, who works for a new 5 year company that employs 30 individuals, feels that he is being discriminated…..
Why Choose Us
We value our clients. For this reason, we ensure that each paper is written carefully as per the instructions provided by the client. Our editing team also checks all the papers to ensure that they have been completed as per the expectations.
Professional Academic Writers
Over the years, MyEssay.Help has managed to secure the most qualified, reliable and experienced team of writers. The company has also ensured continued training and development of the team members to ensure that it keep up with the rising Academic Trends.
Our prices are fairly priced in such a way that ensures affordability. Additionally, you can get a free price quotation by clicking on the "Place Order" button.
We pay strict attention on deadlines. For this reason, we ensure that all papers are submitted earlier, even before the deadline indicated by the customer. For this reason, the client can go through the work and review everything.
At MyEssay.help, all papers are plagiarism-free as they are written from scratch. We have taken strict measures to ensure that there is no similarity on all papers and that citations are included as per the standards set.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support team is readily available to provide any guidance/help on our platform at any time of the day/night. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: email@example.com.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
MyEssay.help has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At MyEssay.help, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.