1. In work organizations, which one of the following nonverbal cues is most likely to be used to convey a sentiment of hostility to another?
A. Fidgeting or scratching
B. Giving someone a steady stare
C. Breaking off eye-contact
D. Raising the eyebrows and licking one’s lips
2. Every time Louise is being observed, she slows down her work pace. Louise’s behavior exemplifies a problem associated with
A. Machiavelli’s theory.
B. supervised experimentation.
C. the human relations approach.
D. scientific management.
3.You’re the kind of person who feels you can change a situation at work to your own advantage through innovation, persistence, and creativity. According to psychologist Julian Rotter, it’s most likely that you have a/an
A.external locus of control.
B.tendency to give in to group pressures.
C.internal locus of control.
D.tendency to think in terms of extrinsic rewards.
4. A/An _______ occurs when one person observes another person’s behavior and deduces or assumes the causes of it.
5. Studies of identical twins separated at birth seem to indicate that
A.heredity influences personality.
B.culture isn’t very significant in determining personality.
C.the environment is the predominant determining factor of one’s personality.
D.parents determine the personalities of their children even when the children,are adopted.
6. As a human resources director, you would most likely use _______ to assess responses and attitudes in a sensitivity training seminar.
A.the TAT C. personality inventories
B.sentence completion D. personality ratings
7. In which one of the following situations would an understanding of the principles of organizational behavior be most beneficial?
A.In a job interview
B.In searching out new jobs
C. In actually landing a job
D. After you get a job
8. Frederick Taylor took it for granted that worker pay increases greater than 60 percent would
A.encourage maximum productivity.
B.motivate only senior members of the workforce.
C.actually reduce worker productivity as they would become lazy.
D.cause workers to become defiant and difficult to manage.
9. Stereotypes are related to shortcuts in the same way that the halo effect is related to
C. implied associations.
D. explicit expectations.
10. _______ is related to blaming circumstances in the same way that the fundamental attribution error is related to blaming victims.
A.The self-serving bias
C. Perceptual distortion
D.The halo effect
11. Lawrence Kohlberg’s scheme for understanding the stages of moral development has been
A.backed by research in non-Western culture.
B.proven irrelevant for white-collar behavior.
C.refuted by research in non-Western cultures.
D.used to explain America’s declining work ethic.
12. Which of the following statements is most accurate with regard to personality ratings?
A.They include unclear adjectives as endpoints.
B.They require direct observations of a specific behavior.
C.They’re less subjective than situational tests.
D.They’re not useful for measuring abstract concepts like competitiveness.
13. You see one of your coworkers almost falling asleep at her desk. She’s a very popular girl so you assume her tiredness is because of late-night parties. In fact, she’s temporarily caring for an elderly aunt who keeps her awake most nights.Your incorrect assumption about her sleepiness is an example of
C. subliminal influences.
D. selective perception.
A.The contingency approach developed from scientific management.
B.The contingency and culture-quality approach replaced older approaches.
C.The culture-quality movement developed from scientific management.
D.The contingency and culture-quality approaches both developed from the human relations movement.
15. I want to make changes in my company that will increase worker productivity by improving overall attitudes about company values. Among the fields related to organizational behavior, I will be mainly concerned with
A. organizational theory.
B.human resource management.
C. organizational development.
D. human resources theory.
16. The phenomenon in which workers respond to changes in a work setting with improved performance simply because they know they’re being observed is called the
B.human relations approach.
C. culture-quality movement.
D. Hawthorne effect.
17. You take the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator and discover that you’re an INFP type who cares about learning, ideas, and independent projects. From this analysis you understand that the test also categorizes you as a/an
C. thinking person.
Why Choose Us
We value our clients. For this reason, we ensure that each paper is written carefully as per the instructions provided by the client. Our editing team also checks all the papers to ensure that they have been completed as per the expectations.
Professional Academic Writers
Over the years, MyEssay.Help has managed to secure the most qualified, reliable and experienced team of writers. The company has also ensured continued training and development of the team members to ensure that it keep up with the rising Academic Trends.
Our prices are fairly priced in such a way that ensures affordability. Additionally, you can get a free price quotation by clicking on the "Place Order" button.
We pay strict attention on deadlines. For this reason, we ensure that all papers are submitted earlier, even before the deadline indicated by the customer. For this reason, the client can go through the work and review everything.
At MyEssay.help, all papers are plagiarism-free as they are written from scratch. We have taken strict measures to ensure that there is no similarity on all papers and that citations are included as per the standards set.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support team is readily available to provide any guidance/help on our platform at any time of the day/night. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: email@example.com.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
MyEssay.help has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At MyEssay.help, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.