1. The work-in-process inventory account of a manufacturing company shows a balance of $3,000 at the end of an accounting period. The job-cost sheets of the two incomplete jobs show charges of $500 and $300 for direct materials, and charges of $400 and $600 for direct labor.
From this information, it appears that the company is using a predetermined overhead rate as a percentage of direct labor costs. What percentage is the rate?
2. The break-even point in dollar sales for Rice Company is $480,000 and the company’s contribution margin ratio is 40 percent. If Rice Company desires a profit of $84,000, how much would sales have to total?
3. Williams Company’s direct labor cost is 25 percent of its conversion cost. If the manufacturing overhead for the last period was $45,000 and the direct material cost was $25,000, how much is the direct labor cost?
4. Grading Company’s cash and cash equivalents consist of cash and marketable securities. Last year the company’s cash account decreased by $16,000 and its marketable securities account increased by $22,000. Cash provided by operating activities was $24,000. Net cash used for financing activities was $20,000. Based on this information, was the net cash flow from investing activities on the statement of cash flows a net increase or decrease?
By how much?
5. Gladstone Footwear Corporation’s flexible budget cost formula for supplies, a variable cost, is $2.82 per unit of output. The company’s flexible budget performance report for last month showed an $8,140 unfavorable spending variance for supplies. During that month, 21,250 units were produced. Budgeted activity for the month had been 20,900 units. What is the actual cost per unit for indirect materials?
6. Lyons Company consists of two divisions, A and B. Lyons Company reported a contribution margin of $60,000 for Division A, and had a contribution margin ratio of 30 percent in Division B, when sales in Division B were $240,000. Net operating income for the company was $22,000 and traceable fixed expenses were $45,000. How much were Lyons Company’s common fixed expenses?
Total A% B
Variable expenses $
Contribution margin $
Traceable fixed expenses $
Segment Margin $
Common fixed expenses $
Net operating income $
7. Atlantic Company produces a single product. For the most recent year, the company’s net operating income computed by the absorption costing method was $7,800, and its net operating income computed by the variable costing method was $10,500. The company’s unit product cost was $15 under variable costing and $24 under absorption costing. If the ending inventory consisted of 1,460 units, how
many units must have been in the beginning inventory?
8. Black Company uses the weighted-average method in its process costing system. The company’s ending work-inprocess inventory consists of 6,000 units, 75 percent complete with respect to materials and 50 percent complete with respect to labor and overhead. If the total dollar value of the inventory is $80,000 and the cost per equivalent unit for labor and overhead is $6.00, what is the cost per equivalent unit for materials?
9. At Overland Company, maintenance cost is exclusively a variable cost that varies directly with machine-hours. The performance report for July showed that actual maintenance costs totaled $11,315 and that the associated rate variance was $146 unfavorable. If 7,300 machine-hours were actually worked during July, what is the budgeted maintenance cost per machine-hour?
10. The cost of goods sold in a retail store totaled $650,000. Fixed selling and administrative expenses totaled $115,000 and variable selling and administrative expenses were $420,000. If the store’s contribution margin totaled $590,000, how much were the sales?
11. Denny Corporation is considering replacing a technologically obsolete machine with a new state-of-the-art numerically controlled machine. The new machine would cost $600,000 and would have a 10-year useful life. Unfortunately, the new machine would have no salvage value. The new machine would cost $20,000 per year to operate and maintain, but would save $125,000 per year in labor and other costs. The old machine can be sold now for scrap for $50,000. What percentage is the simple rate of return on the new machine rounded to the nearest tenth of a percent? (Ignore income taxes in this problem.)
12. Lounsberry Inc. regularly uses material O55P and currently has in stock 375 liters of the material, for which it paid $2,700 several weeks ago. If this were to be sold as is on the open market as surplus material, it would fetch $6.35 per liter. New stocks of the material can be purchased on the open market for $7.20 per liter, but it must be purchased in lots of 1,000 liters. You’ve been asked to determine the relevant cost of 900 liters of the material to be used in a job for a customer. What is the relevant cost of the 900 liters of material O55P?
13. Harwichport Company has a current ratio of 3.0 and an acid-test ratio of 2.8. Current assets equal $210,000, of which $5,000 consists of prepaid expenses. The remainder of current assets consists of cash, accounts receivable, marketable securities, and inventory. What is the amount of Harwichport Company’s inventory?
14. Tolla Company is estimating the following sales for the first six months of next year:
Sales at Tolla are normally collected as 70 percent in the month of sale, 25 percent in the month following the sale, and the remaining 5 percent being uncollectible. Also, customers paying in the month of sale are given a 2 percent discount. Based on this information, how much cash should Tolla expect to collect during the month of April?
15. Trauscht Corporation has provided the following data from its activity-based costing system:
The company makes 360 units of product P23F a year, requiring a total of 725 machine-hours, 85 orders, and 45 inspection-hours per year. The product’s direct materials cost is $42.30 per unit and its direct labor cost is $14.55 per unit. The product sells for $132.10 per unit. According to the activity-based costing system, what is the product margin for product P23F?
16. Williams Company’s direct labor cost is 30 percent of its conversion cost. If the manufacturing overhead for the last period was $59,500 and the direct materials cost was $37,000, what is the direct labor cost?
17. In a recent period, 13,000 units were produced, and there was a favorable labor efficiency variance of $23,000. If 40,000 labor-hours were worked and the standard wage rate was $13 per labor-hour, what would be the standard hours allowed per unit of output?
18. The balance in White Company’s work-in-process inventory account was $15,000 on August 1 and $18,000 on August 31. The company incurred $30,000 in direct labor cost during August and requisitioned $25,000 in raw materials (all direct material). If the sum of the debits to the manufacturing overhead account total $28,000 for the month, and if the sum of the credits totaled $30,000, then was Finished Goods debited or credited? By how much?
19. A company has provided the following data:
Sales 4,000 units
Sales price $80 per unit
Variable cost $50 per unit
Fixed cost $30,000
If the dollar contribution margin per unit is increased by 10 percent, total fixed cost is decreased by 15 percent, and all other factors remain the same, will net operating income increase or decrease? By how much?
20. For the current year, Paxman Company incurred $175,000 in actual manufacturing overhead cost. The manufacturing overhead account showed that overhead was overapplied in the amount of $9,000 for the year. If the predetermined overhead rate was $8.00 per direct labor-hour, how many hours were worked during the year?
Why Choose Us
We value our clients. For this reason, we ensure that each paper is written carefully as per the instructions provided by the client. Our editing team also checks all the papers to ensure that they have been completed as per the expectations.
Professional Academic Writers
Over the years, MyEssay.Help has managed to secure the most qualified, reliable and experienced team of writers. The company has also ensured continued training and development of the team members to ensure that it keep up with the rising Academic Trends.
Our prices are fairly priced in such a way that ensures affordability. Additionally, you can get a free price quotation by clicking on the "Place Order" button.
We pay strict attention on deadlines. For this reason, we ensure that all papers are submitted earlier, even before the deadline indicated by the customer. For this reason, the client can go through the work and review everything.
At MyEssay.help, all papers are plagiarism-free as they are written from scratch. We have taken strict measures to ensure that there is no similarity on all papers and that citations are included as per the standards set.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support team is readily available to provide any guidance/help on our platform at any time of the day/night. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: email@example.com.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
MyEssay.help has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At MyEssay.help, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.