1. Which of the following could be a linear programming objective function?
2. Which of the following could not be a linear programming problem constraint?
3. Types of integer programming models are _____________
4. The production manager for Beer etc. produces 2 kinds of beer: light (L) and dark (D). Two resources used to produce beer are malt and wheat. He can obtain at most 4800 oz of malt per week and at most 3200 oz of wheat per week respectively. Each bottle of light beer requires 12 oz of malt and 4 oz of wheat, while a bottle of dark beer uses 8 oz of malt and 8 oz of wheat.
Profits for light beer are $2 per bottle, and profits for dark beer are $1 per bottle. If the production manager decides to produce of 0 bottles of light beer and 400 bottles of dark beer, it will result in slack of
5. The reduced cost (shadow price) for a positive decision variable is 0
6. Decision variables
7. A plant manager is attempting to determine the production schedule of various products to maximize profit. Assume that a machine hour constraint is binding. If the original amount of machine hours available is 200 minutes., and the range of feasibility is from 130 minutes to 340 minutes, providing two additional machine hours will result in the
8. Decision models are mathematical symbols representing levels of activity.
9. The integer programming model for a transportation problem has constraints for supply at each source and demand at each destination.
10. In a transportation problem, items are allocated from sources to destinations
11. In a media selection problem, the estimated number of customers reached by a given media would generally be specified in the _________________. Even if these media exposure estimates are correct, using media exposure as a surrogate does not lead to maximization of ___.
12. ____________ solutions are ones that satisfy all the constraints simultaneously.
13. In a linear programming problem, a valid objective function can be represented as
14. The standard form for the computer solution of a linear programming problem requires all variables to the right and all numerical values to the left of the inequality or equality sign
15. Constraints representing fractional relationships such as the production quantity of product 1 must be at least twice as much as the production quantity of products 2, 3 and 4 combined cannot be input into computer software packages because the left side of the inequality does not consist of consists of pure numbers.
16. In a balanced transportation model where supply equals demand
17. The objective function is a linear relationship reflecting the objective of an operation.
18. The owner of Chips etc. produces 2 kinds of chips: Lime (L) and Vinegar (V). He has a limited amount of the 3 ingredients used to produce these chips available for his next production run: 4800 ounces of salt, 9600 ounces of flour, and 2000 ounces of herbs. A bag of Lime chips requires 2 ounces of salt, 6 ounces of flour, and 1 ounce of herbs to produce; while a bag of Vinegar chips requires 3 ounces of salt, 8 ounces of flour, and 2 ounces of herbs. Profits for a bag of Lime chips are $0.40, and for a bag of Vinegar chips $0.50. Which of the following is not a feasible production combination?
19. The linear programming model for a transportation problem has constraints for supply at each source and demand at each destination.
20. For a maximization problem, assume that a constraint is binding. If the original amount of a resource is 4 lbs., and the range of feasibility (sensitivity range) for this constraint is from
3 lbs. to 6 lbs., increasing the amount of this resource by 1 lb. will result in the
21. In a total integer model, all decision variables have integer solution values.
23. Linear programming is a model consisting of linear relationships representing a firm’s decisions given an objective and resource constraints.
24. When using linear programming model to solve the “diet” problem, the objective is generally to maximize profit.
25. In a balanced transportation model where supply equals demand, all constraints are equalities.
26. In a transportation problem, items are allocated from sources to destinations at a minimum cost.
27. Mallory Furniture buys 2 products for resale: big shelves (B) and medium shelves (M). Each big shelf costs $500 and requires 100 cubic feet of storage space, and each medium shelf costs $300 and requires 90 cubic feet of storage space. The company has $75000 to invest in shelves this week, and the warehouse has 18000 cubic feet available for storage. Profit for each big shelf is $300 and for each medium shelf is $150. Which of the following is not a feasible purchase combination?
28. In a mixed integer model, some solution values for decision variables are integer and others can be non-integer.
29. In a 0 – 1 integer model, the solution values of the decision variables are 0 or 1.
30. Determining the production quantities of different products manufactured by a company based on resource constraints is a product mix linear programming problem.
31. When the right-hand sides of 2 constraints are both increased by 1 unit, the value of the objective function will be adjusted by the sum of the constraints’ prices.
32. The transportation method assumes that
33. A constraint is a linear relationship representing a restriction on decision making.
34. When formulating a linear programming model on a spreadsheet, the measure of performance is located in the target cell.
35. The linear programming model for a transportation problem has constraints for supply at each ________ and _________ at each destination.
36. The 3 types of integer programming models are total, 0 – 1, and mixed.
37. In using rounding of a linear programming model to obtain an integer solution, the solution is
38. If we use Excel to solve a linear programming problem instead of QM for Windows,
then the data input requirements are likely to be much less tedious and time consuming.
39. In a _______ integer model, some solution values for decision variables are integer and others can be non-integer.
40. Which of the following is not an integer linear programming problem?
Why Choose Us
We value our clients. For this reason, we ensure that each paper is written carefully as per the instructions provided by the client. Our editing team also checks all the papers to ensure that they have been completed as per the expectations.
Professional Academic Writers
Over the years, MyEssay.Help has managed to secure the most qualified, reliable and experienced team of writers. The company has also ensured continued training and development of the team members to ensure that it keep up with the rising Academic Trends.
Our prices are fairly priced in such a way that ensures affordability. Additionally, you can get a free price quotation by clicking on the "Place Order" button.
We pay strict attention on deadlines. For this reason, we ensure that all papers are submitted earlier, even before the deadline indicated by the customer. For this reason, the client can go through the work and review everything.
At MyEssay.help, all papers are plagiarism-free as they are written from scratch. We have taken strict measures to ensure that there is no similarity on all papers and that citations are included as per the standards set.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support team is readily available to provide any guidance/help on our platform at any time of the day/night. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: email@example.com.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
MyEssay.help has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At MyEssay.help, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.