1) The goal of the firm should be.
A. maximization of profits
B. maximization of shareholder wealth
C. maximization of consumer satisfaction
D. maximization of sales
2) An example of a primary market transaction is
A. a new issue of common stock by AT&T
B. a sale of some outstanding common stock of AT&T
C. AT&T repurchasing its own stock from a stockholder
D. one stockholder selling shares of common stock to another individual
3) According to the agency problem, _________ represent the principals of a corporation.
4) Which of the following is a principle of basic financial management?
A. Risk/return tradeoff
C. Stock warrants
D. Profit is king
5) Another name for the acid test ratio is the
A. current ratio
B. quick ratio
C. inventory turnover ratio
D. average collection period
6) The accounting rate of return on stockholders’ investments is measured by
A. return on assets
B. return on equity
C. operating income return on investment
D. realized rate of inflation
7) If you are an investor, which of the following would you prefer?
A. Earnings on funds invested compound annually
B. Earnings on funds invested compound daily
C. Earnings on funds invested would compound monthly
D. Earnings on funds invested would compound quarterly
8) The primary purpose of a cash budget is to
A. determine the level of investment in current and fixed assets
B. determine accounts payable
C. provide a detailed plan of future cash flows
D. determine the estimated income tax for the year
9) Which of the following is a non-cash expense?
A. Depreciation expenses
B. Interest expense
C. Packaging costs
D. Administrative salaries
10) The break-even model enables the manager of a firm to
A. calculate the minimum price of common stock for certain situations
B. set appropriate equilibrium thresholds
C. determine the quantity of output that must be sold to cover all operating costs
D. determine the optimal amount of debt financing to use
11) A zero-coupon bond
A. pays no interest
B. pays interest at a rate less than the market rate
C. is a junk bond
D. is sold at a deep discount at less than the par value
12) If you have $20,000 in an account earning 8% annually, what constant amount could you withdraw each year and have nothing remaining at the end of 5 years?
13) At what rate must $400 be compounded annually for it to grow to $716.40 in 10 years?
14) The present value of a single future sum
A. increases as the number of discount periods increase
B. is generally larger than the future sum
C. depends upon the number of discount periods
D. increases as the discount rate increases
15) Which of the following is considered to be a spontaneous source of financing?
A. Operating leases
B. Accounts receivable
D. Accounts payable
16) Compute the payback period for a project with the following cash flows, if the company’s discount rate is 12%.
Initial outlay = $450
Year 1 = $325
Year 2 = $65
Year 3 = $100
A. 3.43 years
B. 3.17 years
C. 2.88 years
D. 2.6 years
17) For the NPV criteria, a project is acceptable if the NPV is __________, while for the profitability index, a project is acceptable if the profitability index is __________.
A. less than zero, greater than the required return
B. greater than zero, greater than one
C. greater than one, greater than zero
D. greater than zero, less than one
18) Which of the following is considered to be a deficiency of the IRR?
A. It fails to properly rank capital projects.
B. It could produce more than one rate of return.
C. It fails to utilize the time value of money.
D. It is not useful in accounting for risk in capital budgeting.
19) The firm should accept independent projects if
A. the payback is less than the IRR
B. the profitability index is greater than 1.0
C. the IRR is positive
D. the NPV is greater than the discounted payback
20) The most expensive source of capital is
A. preferred stock
B. new common stock
D. retained earnings
21) The cost associated with each additional dollar of financing for investment projects is
A. the incremental return
B. the marginal cost of capital
C. risk-free rate
22) The XYZ Company is planning a $50 million expansion. The expansion is to be financed by selling $20 million in new debt and $30 million in new common stock. The before-tax required rate of return on debt is 9%, and the required rate of return on equity is 14%. If the company is in the 40% tax bracket, what is the marginal cost of capital?
23) Shawhan Supply plans to maintain its optimal capital structure of 30% debt, 20% preferred stock, and 50% common stock far into the future. The required return on each component is: debt–10%; preferred stock–11%; and common stock–18%. Assuming a 40% marginal tax rate, what after-tax rate of return must Shawhan Supply earn on its investments if the value of the firm is to remain unchanged?
24) Lever Brothers has a debt ratio (debt to assets) of 40%. Management is wondering if its current capital structure is too conservative. Lever Brothers’ present EBIT is $3 million, and profits available to common shareholders are $1,560,000, with 342,857 shares of common stock outstanding. If the firm were to instead have a debt ratio of 60%, additional interest expense would cause profits available to stockholders to decline to $1,440,000, but only 228,571 common shares would be outstanding. What is the difference in EPS at a debt ratio of 60% versus 40%?
25) Zybeck Corp. projects operating income of $4 million next year. The firm’s income tax rate is 40%. Zybeck presently has 750,000 shares of common stock which have a market value of $10 per share, no preferred stock, and no debt. The firm is considering two alternatives to finance a new product: (a) the issuance of $6 million of 10% bonds, or (b) the issuance of 60,000 new shares of common stock. If Zybeck issues common stock this year, what will be the projected EPS next year?
26) _________ risk is generally considered only a paper gain or loss.
27) Capital markets in foreign countries
A. offer lower returns than those obtainable in the domestic capital markets
B. provide international diversification
C. in general are becoming less integrated due to the widespread availability of interest rate and currency swaps
D. have been getting smaller in the past decade
28) Buying and selling in more than one market to make a riskless profit is called
A. profit maximization
C. international trading
D. an efficient market
29) What keeps foreign exchange quotes in two different countries in line with each other?
A. Cross rates
B. Forward rates
D. Spot rates
30) One reason for international investment is to reduce
A. portfolio risk
B. price-earnings (P/E) ratios
C. advantages in a foreign country
D. exchange rate risk..
Why Choose Us
We value our clients. For this reason, we ensure that each paper is written carefully as per the instructions provided by the client. Our editing team also checks all the papers to ensure that they have been completed as per the expectations.
Professional Academic Writers
Over the years, MyEssay.Help has managed to secure the most qualified, reliable and experienced team of writers. The company has also ensured continued training and development of the team members to ensure that it keep up with the rising Academic Trends.
Our prices are fairly priced in such a way that ensures affordability. Additionally, you can get a free price quotation by clicking on the "Place Order" button.
We pay strict attention on deadlines. For this reason, we ensure that all papers are submitted earlier, even before the deadline indicated by the customer. For this reason, the client can go through the work and review everything.
At MyEssay.help, all papers are plagiarism-free as they are written from scratch. We have taken strict measures to ensure that there is no similarity on all papers and that citations are included as per the standards set.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support team is readily available to provide any guidance/help on our platform at any time of the day/night. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: email@example.com.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
MyEssay.help has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At MyEssay.help, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.