Prior to beginning work on this discussion, read Chapters 9 and 10 in your course textbook and watch the Nutrition and Eating Disorders video.
In this discussion,
· Choose one eating disorder that you read about in your textbook and check the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-5) for current terminology and diagnostic criteria; or, you may choose to discuss any one of the currently recognized eating disorders from the DSM-5.
o Your initial posting should analyze the neurobiology of the disorder, including information on neurotransmitters/receptors and neurotransmitter systems, brain structures, nervous system pathways, and genetic, familial, lifestyle, and environmental factors.
· Discuss the impact of the eating disorder on the individual, as well as the rationale for available treatment options available for that disorder and their success or failure.
o Include treatments that are based on psychological, medical, pharmacological (drug), and other available interventions.
· Also in your discussion, imagine you are in a career position that utilizes a degree in psychology. These may include but are not limited to careers such as a social worker, teacher or teacher’s aide, child care worker, psychiatric technician or other behavioral health staff, peer support specialist, social service specialist, probation or parole officer, case manager, human resources professional, or counselor.
o How would your knowledge of the neurobiology of eating disorders help you in your professional life?
o How would this knowledge help you better assist your clients, students, or patients?
o For instance, think of how this knowledge would help reduce the stigma associated with this disorder, or how this might reinforce the need for compliance with recommended treatment.
You must use a minimum of one peer-reviewed and/or scholarly source that was published within the last five years, documented in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. Your post should be a minimum of 250 words. You may cite and reference your textbook, required or recommended reading, /or multimedia, but these will not fulfill the source requirement.
· Make sure to use terminology from the DSM-5 for psychological/behavioral health conditions and current terminology from professional sources for neurological conditions. Please be sure to access the DSM-5 directly in our library. For further information view The DSM-5: Accessing and Using the DSM-5 in the Ashford University Library (Links to an external site.) screencast on how to access and use this resource, and how to cite and reference the DSM-5.
Guided Response: Respond substantively to a minimum of two of your classmate’s original posts, preferably those who discussed a different disorder than you. Address the disorder, neurotransmitter/receptor systems and/or neuroanatomical structures involved in the disorder, and the research analysis of your classmate. In addition, please observe the following guidelines for all responses:
· Provide a courteous and interactive learning environment.
· Continue to monitor the discussion board throughout the active learning week and reply to anyone (instructor or classmate) who has chosen to respond to your original post.
· Your responses should address (at minimum) the disorder, neurotransmitter/receptor systems and/or neuroanatomical structures involved in the disorder, care interventions, and the research analysis of your classmate.
· Each response should demonstrate that you have read the existing replies on the board (in your response, mention information and viewpoints already expressed by existing responses to the same post).
Why Choose Us
We value our clients. For this reason, we ensure that each paper is written carefully as per the instructions provided by the client. Our editing team also checks all the papers to ensure that they have been completed as per the expectations.
Professional Academic Writers
Over the years, MyEssay.Help has managed to secure the most qualified, reliable and experienced team of writers. The company has also ensured continued training and development of the team members to ensure that it keep up with the rising Academic Trends.
Our prices are fairly priced in such a way that ensures affordability. Additionally, you can get a free price quotation by clicking on the "Place Order" button.
We pay strict attention on deadlines. For this reason, we ensure that all papers are submitted earlier, even before the deadline indicated by the customer. For this reason, the client can go through the work and review everything.
At MyEssay.help, all papers are plagiarism-free as they are written from scratch. We have taken strict measures to ensure that there is no similarity on all papers and that citations are included as per the standards set.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support team is readily available to provide any guidance/help on our platform at any time of the day/night. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
MyEssay.help has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At MyEssay.help, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.