Your paper should address the following: DUE MARCH 26TH 11:30pm on Sakai class Assignment section.
• Symptom picture – describe the symptoms commonly seen in the disorder you have chosen to research.
Prevalence rates – prevalence rates in the US and world. (1pt.)
• Cultural variables – You should list a couple countries your disorder is found in and if it presents differently or with the same symptom picture as seen in the US. You should also include subcultures of the US (e.g. African American, Native American, Hispanic, Asian American). (2 pts.)
• Age of onset and Gender features – What is the average age when symptoms appear that lead to a diagnosis? Is the onset acute or insidious? For Gender features: ex. Bipolar is equally common among adolescents, major depression diagnosed 2X more in females than in males. (1pt.)
• Etiology – Describe the biology and genetics behind the disorder you are researching. E.g. What neurotransmitter systems and subcortical structures of the brain are effected in the disorder you are researching? It may be primarily a biological based disorder such as Bipolar or Schizophrenia, but be sure to address the psychological/emotional issues associated with this disorder. Eg. expressed emotion (EE) with regard to family relations or coping with peers with either bipolar or schizophrenia. Is this highly genetic? Does it run in families such as depression, schizophrenia, bipolar, ADHD, etc? (2 pts.)
• Course – Will it be a lifelong chronic course e.g. childhood-onset schizophrenia or relatively short episodes e.g. depression? How does the presentation change and effect the child/adolescent over developmental stages (e.g. Erickson developmental model)? (1pt)
• Prognosis – What is the end result you expect to see with regard to the symptom picture? E.g. What would the symptom picture look like when the person is 70. E.g. Would the client still have to be on medication? Would they still exhibit the symptoms of the disorder or would most of the symptoms abate? (1pt)
• Current treatment – What is the most effective treatment for your chosen disorder? Explain the main underlying theory of this treatment(s) and explain a technique that could be employed in the treatment plan. E.g. cognitive restructuring for major depression). (1pt)
• A differential diagnosis – You should compare and contrast another disorder ( ONLY ONE) which is similar and how to differentiate it from the main disorder you have chosen to research. In what ways is it similar and in what ways is it dissimilar? E.g. major depression vs Persistent Depressive Disorder. (1pt)
APA style is encouraged but not required
*** No longer than 10 pages – including title and reference pages.
*** Minimum page length 9 pages – including title and reference pages
*** You DO NOT need an abstract for this assignment.
• Must be double spaced (12pt type and Times New Roman)
• Must have within text citations. THIS IS A MUST
• Articles, the DSM-V, books, and online sources are fine (.org more preferable but .com is fine with discretion).
• THE TEXTBOOK IS NOT AN ACCEPTABLE SOURCE FOR YOUR PAPER.
• Try to use empirical sources when possible. E.g. Journal of Abnormal Psychology
• NO WIKAPEDIA.
List of Acceptable Disorders for Paper:
Choose any one disorder under the headings
***Make sure that your paper focuses on the childhood or adolescent presentation of the disorder you choose to research.
• Anxiety disorders
o Panic attacks
o Panic Disorder
o Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD)
o Specific Phobia
o Separation Anxiety disorder (SAD)
o Social Phobia / School Phobia
o Selective Mutism
o Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
o Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
• Mood disorders
o Major Depression
o Persistent Depressive Disorder (Dysthymia)
o Double depression
o Seasonal Affective Disorder
o Bipolar I
o Bipolar II
o Rapid Cycling Bipolar
• Behavioral Disorders
o Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
o Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD)
o Conduct Disorder (CD)
o Intermittent Explosive Disorder
o Disruptive Mood Dysregulation Disorder (DMDD)
• Intellectual disability (ID) present the different levels of ID.
• Other disorders that also have Intellectual disability
o Fragile X
o Downs Syndrome
o Williams Syndrome
o Angelman’s Disorder
o Prader Willi Syndrome
• Autism spectrum disorders
o Classic autism
o Asperger’s syndrome
o Childhood disintegrative Disorder
o Sensory integration disorder
• Childhood-onset Schizophrenia
• Adolescent-onset Schizophrenia (you can choose to do a specific type with adolescent onset or just adolescent Schizophrenia)
• Eating disorders
o Childhood rumination Disorder
o Binge eating disorder (BED)
o Infantile Anorexia
o Avoidant/Restrictive Food Intake Disorder
o Posttraumatic Feeding Disorder
o Anorexia nervosa (cover both subtypes)
o Bulimia nervosa (cover both subtypes)
o Orthorexia Disorder
o Failure to thrive
• Substance abuse and dependence disorders (focus should be on one specific type of substance of abuse e.g. alcohol)
o Should cover both what is considered abuse and dependency and how they are different.
If you choose to do your paper on abuse you must choose one type of abuse not all forms of abuse:
• Sexual abuse
• Neglect (in its many forms)
Why Choose Us
We value our clients. For this reason, we ensure that each paper is written carefully as per the instructions provided by the client. Our editing team also checks all the papers to ensure that they have been completed as per the expectations.
Professional Academic Writers
Over the years, MyEssay.Help has managed to secure the most qualified, reliable and experienced team of writers. The company has also ensured continued training and development of the team members to ensure that it keep up with the rising Academic Trends.
Our prices are fairly priced in such a way that ensures affordability. Additionally, you can get a free price quotation by clicking on the "Place Order" button.
We pay strict attention on deadlines. For this reason, we ensure that all papers are submitted earlier, even before the deadline indicated by the customer. For this reason, the client can go through the work and review everything.
At MyEssay.help, all papers are plagiarism-free as they are written from scratch. We have taken strict measures to ensure that there is no similarity on all papers and that citations are included as per the standards set.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support team is readily available to provide any guidance/help on our platform at any time of the day/night. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
MyEssay.help has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At MyEssay.help, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.