Part I: Sentence Modifiers
Directions: In a separate document, revise the following sentences that contain either dangling or misplaced modifiers. Note: There will be more than one way to fix these sentences.
1. Hurrying out the door, the door latch ripped a hole in my jacket.
2. The curtains are pretty bright in the baby’s room.
3. After taking some medicine, my stomach settled down.
Part II: Sentence Modifiers
Directions: In a separate document, identify each underlined phrase as a participial, appositive, or absolute modifying phrase.
1. Between the sharp, loud crashing of cymbals, he pounded the bass drum, its deep thud resonating through the stadium.
2. The guitarist followed the beat, strumming the chords rhythmically.
3. A means to an end that will help you develop ideas for your paper, this classroom activity is both fun and productive.
4. A slender animal with long legs, the cheetah is built for speed.
5. Charging forward, the bass guitarist hit a series of quick, low notes.
6. Legs wobbling, I struggled to stand up as the physical therapist rushed over to help.
7. My wife watched from her chair, offering love and encouragement.
8. Most universities require two courses in first-year composition, English I and English II.
9. He grabbed my hands to steady me, both of us shuffling toward the treadmill.
10.The students reading the highest number of pages during the break received a free book as an award.
Part III: Sentence Coordinators Answer Key
Directions: Using conjunctions and appropriate punctuation, fix sentences that have grammatical problems (such as run-on sentences or problems with parallel structure) and combine shorter sentences to make them longer. Some options for conjunctions are “and,” “but,” “or,” “if,” “until.” Some types of punctuation are , : ; —.
1. He saw the accident, it happened very quickly.
2. They wanted to renovate their home, it had old paint and worn carpet.
3. All of my favorite foods have high levels of salt, sugar and fat, I have a difficult time cooking healthier versions.
4. They enjoy running a four-mile circuit. They usually run in the mornings before work.
5. He usually exercises in the morning. She prefers to go to the gym at night.
6. I did not know what to plan for my students next. I read through their drafts to make some decisions about tomorrow’s in-class activities.
7. Our textbook is engaging, informative, and you can read it quickly.
8. Today I will grade several papers, develop a new assignment, and be gathering material for my latest research.
9. I pulled an all-nighter working on my term paper. The next day, I needed some coffee to stay awake.
10. Tom and Morgan usually eat dinner together. They don’t eat dinner together when one of them has to work late.
11. The Utah Jazz are a basketball team with a great history. They have had trouble winning a championship.
12. I got a thank you note from a student she said she learned a great deal from the assignments we did.
Part IV: Identifying form classes
Directions: Identify the class of every word in the following sentences. Place your labels below the words: noun (n), verb (vb), adjective (adj), adverb (adv), determiner (det), auxiliary (aux), qualifier (qual), preposition (prep), conjunction (conj), expletive (exp), particle (part), pronoun (pro). Remember: Some words can serve as members of different classes, depending on how they are used.
15.When my brother looks up that book, we hope we can purchase it online
Why Choose Us
We value our clients. For this reason, we ensure that each paper is written carefully as per the instructions provided by the client. Our editing team also checks all the papers to ensure that they have been completed as per the expectations.
Professional Academic Writers
Over the years, MyEssay.Help has managed to secure the most qualified, reliable and experienced team of writers. The company has also ensured continued training and development of the team members to ensure that it keep up with the rising Academic Trends.
Our prices are fairly priced in such a way that ensures affordability. Additionally, you can get a free price quotation by clicking on the "Place Order" button.
We pay strict attention on deadlines. For this reason, we ensure that all papers are submitted earlier, even before the deadline indicated by the customer. For this reason, the client can go through the work and review everything.
At MyEssay.help, all papers are plagiarism-free as they are written from scratch. We have taken strict measures to ensure that there is no similarity on all papers and that citations are included as per the standards set.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support team is readily available to provide any guidance/help on our platform at any time of the day/night. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: email@example.com.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
MyEssay.help has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At MyEssay.help, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.