Refer to the “Social and Cultural Paper Instructions” for a detailed explanation of the requirements for the Social and Cultural Diversity Paper that you will be developing throughout the course.
In preparation for writing this paper, write an outline that contains the following:
APA style is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.
You are not required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.
Upon receiving feedback from your instructor on the outline, you should begin working on the first draft immediately, even though the draft is not due until Week 7.
Social and Cultural Diversity Paper Instructions
The Social and Cultural Diversity Paper (1,000 to 1,200 words) requires the student to identify and reflect on possible personal biases regarding gender, religion, sexual or gender orientation, race, socioeconomic status, disability status, or culture. The purpose of this paper is to raise the student’s personal and professional level of awareness regarding the subject of diverse populations.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
The Social and Cultural Diversity Paper assignment will be accomplished in a five-step process, with individual steps submitted and graded regularly throughout the course, according to the following schedule:
1) Outline (Due Topic 4)
2) References (Due Topic 5)
3) First Draft (Due Topic 7)
4) Final Paper (Due Topic 8)
When constructing this paper, use a three-part structure according to the following guidelines:
Part 1: Personal Reflection
The first part of the paper requires you to identify information from your own personal history. Use the following questions to help guide your reflections:
1. Identify your personal biases and how those biases may present challenges to you as a mental health professional. Remember, everyone has biases. The point is not to project them onto your clients.
Note: It is preferred you discuss your cultural biases.
2. Describe your personal history by documenting experiences with discrimination you may have experienced and how your cultural background impacted these experiences.
3. Identify memories of contact with those who were culturally different than you, and your experiences associated with these differences. Be specific.
4. How has your life experience affected how you may relate to persons different than you? Be specific.
Part 2: Racism and Discrimination
The second part of the paper requires you to demonstrate an understanding of the concepts of racism/discrimination. Use the following questions to help guide your reflections:
1. Distinguish between stereotypes, prejudice, and discrimination.
2. What does it mean to be a subtle racist? Please include a referenced definition and example.
3. Why could there be significant differences in perceptions and values of members within the same ethnic group? Be specific.
Part 3: Multicultural Competence
The third part of your paper requires you to review and reflect on multicultural competence as a professional. Use the following to help guide your reflection:
1. What did you learn about the importance of cultural sensitivity in providing professional services to clients?
2. How do communication styles differ across cultures?
3. How might strategies to build rapport be differentiated based on culture?
4. What resources could help you to become more informed regarding cultural diversity? Cite resources you can use to dispel your personal biases.
5. Provide an example of cultural bias in counseling/psychological research and support your answer with at least one scholarly reference.
6. How could you apply your learning to your future practice as a mental health and wellness professional?
Why Choose Us
We value our clients. For this reason, we ensure that each paper is written carefully as per the instructions provided by the client. Our editing team also checks all the papers to ensure that they have been completed as per the expectations.
Professional Academic Writers
Over the years, MyEssay.Help has managed to secure the most qualified, reliable and experienced team of writers. The company has also ensured continued training and development of the team members to ensure that it keep up with the rising Academic Trends.
Our prices are fairly priced in such a way that ensures affordability. Additionally, you can get a free price quotation by clicking on the "Place Order" button.
We pay strict attention on deadlines. For this reason, we ensure that all papers are submitted earlier, even before the deadline indicated by the customer. For this reason, the client can go through the work and review everything.
At MyEssay.help, all papers are plagiarism-free as they are written from scratch. We have taken strict measures to ensure that there is no similarity on all papers and that citations are included as per the standards set.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support team is readily available to provide any guidance/help on our platform at any time of the day/night. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: email@example.com.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
MyEssay.help has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At MyEssay.help, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.