Week 2 Assignment: Case Analysis Gold Group Salons
Assignment: Read the case outline and comments below.
Jamika Westbrook has positioned herself to be a dominant player in the Gold Group Salon Chain. She has consistently out-performed the other salons and her goal is to maintain this status but still pay attention to the growth of her employees, customer needs, and commitment to the communities she serves. In reading the case profile, you will see there have been distinct challenges she has faced related to the economy, employee morale, and increased oversight from the board of directors. All of these have affected her overall management style and philosophy.
Write a 4-page paper in response to the following five issues:
1. It has been said quite often that ethics and social responsibility can be taught without any real programs in place at the business or corporate level of Gold Group Salon Chain. This is quite an alarming statement to be made in this day and age.
· Reflect on the challenges facing Jamika.
· Create an ethics training program outline. This outline will need to direct mangers, employees and the board to consider the exact steps to follow in proving their moral compass and dedication to the success of the company. Please consider any personal experiences you have had with ethics training.
2. Creating effective goals for any company are dependent on the strengths, weaknesses, threats and opportunities a company is facing and will face. Please create a detailed SWOT Analysis for the Gold Group Salon Chain addressing the following:
· Write a statement of what you perceive to be the business’s current strategy.
· Identify the key strengths and weaknesses of this business from a customer’s perspective. Make one list for strengths and another list for weaknesses.
· Identify potential opportunities and threats for this business. Make one list for opportunities and another for threats.
3. Use your SWOT analysis to:
· Identify the goal of where the business should be in two years; consider growth, size, new offerings, or expanded customer base.
· Identify the steps you recommend to achieve this goal.
4. How did your SWOT analysis help you determine the goal and how to accomplish it during the next two years?
5. What did you learn from this exercise that you can apply to your professional career/experiences?
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
Week 2 Homework: Organizational Culture
In a 2-page paper, respond to the following:
What do you think happens when a manager with a lax management style tries to acculturate into a very rigid atmosphere? Does this enculturation of different individuals eventually affect the culture of the organization? Why or why not?
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
Week 2 Assignment: Case Analysis Let’s Communicate
Assignment:You will prepare a 4 page paper for your instructor to grade. A page is considered 300 words. The paper will include a title page, research page and follow APA format.
Develop a response that includes examples and evidence to support your ideas, and which clearly communicates the required message to your audience. Organize your response in a clear and logical manner as appropriate for the genre of writing. Use well-structured sentences, audience-appropriate language, and correct conventions of standard American English.
Read the case scenario below:
Organizational rules and regulations are needed to provide consistency to a company’s organizational communications. Organizational communications are defined by the culture of the company. Culture can be complicated, emergent, unitary or ambiguous. No matter the delineation, communications are interactions of each organizational member. Communication systems need to be created with a sense of unity and meaning. These systems can not be predictable as the interaction needs to form and re-form a company’s culture into that of an on-going emerging organization.
The Hank Walter’s Company was formed three years ago in the warehouse of Lia and Hank Floyd. The two created a new in-air refueling system for military aircraft. The company has since grown into a global refueling company serving commercial airlines from all nations. The company has gone from 15 to 1000 employees in 3 years. Lia and Hank are deeply concerned their communications network is failing due to the number of employees and departments. The departments range from Administrative to Maintenance, Quality Control Design, and Human Resources. The two want to improve organizational performance by identifying improvements in the organization communications network.
Considering the case outline above, address the following:
1: You are the manager of Quality Control Design and have been tasked with preparing a summary of systems basics for the Hank Walter’s Company. For each System Component, Input-Throughput and Output Process, identify the action principle you feel is needed based upon your own interpretation of the case outline. These principles need to be creative, specific, and detailed to maintain their emerging status.
2: The success of a communications systems network is defined by the network roles. Thorellie Airlines has reached out to the company with a lucrative refueling contract for their 200 commercial planes which operate solely in South America. The managers of the Administration, Maintenance, and Human Resources Dept. have been tasked with creating the proposal. Each manager has created (his/her) own communication network that has gone far to enhance their own area of responsibility but now each need to exchange information to develop a new systems network.
· For each department, discuss the process of exchange between each that defines the input and output activities needed to create an effective proposal.
· Assume that after Lia and Hank review the final proposal there are changes needed. Specifically, an Administrative manager was not identified in the proposal, the maintenance contracts were based upon existing North American Contracts, and pilot training programs did not meet FAA standards. Define the process of feedback that is needed between each department to identify corrective actions.
3: In looking at where you work, how do you perceive the communications network?
Week 2 Homework: Conveyed Leadership
This is a 1 page paper which is 300 words. How is leadership conveyed in an organization? Why is communication important to the perception of a person as a leader in group settings? Does that perception change in one-on-one situations? Why or why not?
Why Choose Us
We value our clients. For this reason, we ensure that each paper is written carefully as per the instructions provided by the client. Our editing team also checks all the papers to ensure that they have been completed as per the expectations.
Professional Academic Writers
Over the years, MyEssay.Help has managed to secure the most qualified, reliable and experienced team of writers. The company has also ensured continued training and development of the team members to ensure that it keep up with the rising Academic Trends.
Our prices are fairly priced in such a way that ensures affordability. Additionally, you can get a free price quotation by clicking on the "Place Order" button.
We pay strict attention on deadlines. For this reason, we ensure that all papers are submitted earlier, even before the deadline indicated by the customer. For this reason, the client can go through the work and review everything.
At MyEssay.help, all papers are plagiarism-free as they are written from scratch. We have taken strict measures to ensure that there is no similarity on all papers and that citations are included as per the standards set.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support team is readily available to provide any guidance/help on our platform at any time of the day/night. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
MyEssay.help has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At MyEssay.help, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.