Please no plagiarism and make sure you are able to access all resource on your own before you bid. One of the references must come from Sue, D. W., & Sue, D. (2016). You are expected to include at least one scholarly and peer-reviewed resource outside of those provided in the readings for each discussion post. I need this completed by 03/31/18 at 5pm. I am a MCFC student who is African American.
Application Assignment: Cultural Competence in Counseling
Your work with clients benefits substantially from understanding cultural competence. Recognizing culturally competent practices before you begin to develop skills in this area is imperative. Understanding how your cultural differences intersect with your client and remaining mindful of your own assumptions and worldview have an influence on your counseling relationships.
Review the Learning Resources and focus on one of the mini–case studies (MCFC students, please choose one of the MCFC case scenarios) to complete your Assignment. Imagine you are the counselor for the individual in the case study and consider your own cultural competence within the counseling session.
In a 2- to 3-page paper:
· Select one mini–case study from the Learning Resources for this Assignment that represents a cultural group different from your own.
· Imagine you are the counselor for the individual in the case study you selected and describe how you are culturally different from that person.
· Explain how you might demonstrate cultural competence, providing examples to support your response.
· Based on your current level of self-awareness, knowledge, and skill related to cultural competence, provide one or more strategies you could use to improve your cultural competence with this client.
Support your Application Assignment with specific references to all resources used in its preparation.
· Sue, D. W., & Sue, D. (2016). Counseling the culturally diverse: Theory and practice (7th ed.). Hoboken, NJ: Wiley.
o Chapter 16, “Counseling Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders” (pp. 501-523)
o Chapter 17, “Counseling Latinas/os” (pp. 525-547)
o Chapter 18, “Counseling Multiracial Individuals” (pp. 549-569)
o Chapter 21, “Counseling Jewish Americans” (pp. 615-632)
· Document: Mini–Case Studies (Word document)
These case studies are provided to support your completion of this week’s Assignment.
· Laureate Education, Inc. (Executive Producer). (2012c). Inter-ethnic relations: Counseling interventions across demographic boundaries. Baltimore, MD: Author.
Note: The approximate length of this media piece is 10 minutes.
In this video, Drs. Derald Wing Sue, Teresa LaFromboise, Marie Miville, and Thomas Parham discuss counseling groups of people who come from different ethnic backgrounds.
Accessible player –Downloads– Download Video w/CC Download Audio Download Transcript
· Microtraining Associates (Executive Producer). (2011). Counseling Filipino Americans: Part 1 [Video file]. Retrieved from http://ctiv.alexanderstreet.com.ezp.waldenulibrary.org/search/seriesid/154/sortby/title (approximate length: 31 minutes)
· Microtraining Associates (Executive Producer). (2011). Counseling Filipino Americans: Part 2 [Video file]. Retrieved from http://ctiv.alexanderstreet.com.ezp.waldenulibrary.org/search/seriesid/154/sortby/title (approximate length: 35 minutes)
· Microtraining Associates (Executive Producer). (1994). Specifics of practice for counseling with Latinos [Video file]. Retrieved from http://ctiv.alexanderstreet.com.ezp.waldenulibrary.org/view/1778732 (approximate length: 71 minutes)
· Microtraining Associates (Executive Producer). (n.d.). Counseling the multiracial population: Couples, individuals, families [Video file]. Retrieved December 24, 2012, from http://ctiv.alexanderstreet.com.ezp.waldenulibrary.org/view/1778780 (approximate length: 75 minutes)
Why Choose Us
We value our clients. For this reason, we ensure that each paper is written carefully as per the instructions provided by the client. Our editing team also checks all the papers to ensure that they have been completed as per the expectations.
Professional Academic Writers
Over the years, MyEssay.Help has managed to secure the most qualified, reliable and experienced team of writers. The company has also ensured continued training and development of the team members to ensure that it keep up with the rising Academic Trends.
Our prices are fairly priced in such a way that ensures affordability. Additionally, you can get a free price quotation by clicking on the "Place Order" button.
We pay strict attention on deadlines. For this reason, we ensure that all papers are submitted earlier, even before the deadline indicated by the customer. For this reason, the client can go through the work and review everything.
At MyEssay.help, all papers are plagiarism-free as they are written from scratch. We have taken strict measures to ensure that there is no similarity on all papers and that citations are included as per the standards set.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support team is readily available to provide any guidance/help on our platform at any time of the day/night. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
MyEssay.help has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At MyEssay.help, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.